Home

Old 12-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #25
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Cut scenes are unnecessary.

Wow glorious, you really went to town on franchise mode, and I'd have to agree with almost everything you said(I think the draft classes were a huge upgrade over the randoms they used to generate, even if they do get repetitive).

If this is the result of focusing on the basics, than I don't want to see what happens if they try to do something new/creative with the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

i like cut scenes. however, the game it self needs to fully functioning for those it to work. i.e. if the character models suck, then what's the point of a close up of them?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #27
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Heh, people complained about the lack of cutscenes in the previous maddens this gen and now people are complaining about them being in the game.

Anyways, I like the cutscenes but I got annoyed at the amount of times the chain gang cutscene played since most of the time the cutscene wasn't necessary.

But patch 2 fixed that so things should be good now (I have the 360 version so I still haven't been able to played Madden 10 with the new patch).

Last edited by Bgamer90; 12-08-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like cutscenes if implemented correctly, and I suppose it wouldn't be an issue to allow them to be skipped (go to play selection and have cutscene run behind plays).

But, I must say that I think it was a great idea by EA, just maybe poorly executed.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 AM   #29
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I'd rather have cut scenes than nothing at all. I swear people ask for something the year prior and when it gets put in the game people bitch about it.
People bitch about it because the way it is put in the game is just plain terrible.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 18

I think cutscenes are important to Madden's presentation. Perhaps not in the way that they are spliced in right now, but SOME kind of closeup or reactive element needs to be broadcast between plays. This helps to set the pace of the game, allow players to breathe and give us an opportunity to soak up Madden's incredible graphics from different (closer) angles.

I agree with many of the posters here in that a "living sideline" code should be implimented to make those cut-scenes appear more natural and random. Seeing the same scripted scene 5 times in a game is not what i like seeing either, but something needs to be there. NBA2K does a fine job to use TV camera angles between plays to capture random player behavior between the whistles. This is the direction Madden needs to go. More cutscenes but smarter ones.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
People bitch about it because the way it is put in the game is just plain terrible.
It's not terrible as you say; it's just the sequencing is bad at times and it takes away from the broadcast immersion. The foundation is in place to blow presentation out of the water...they just have to move forward and do it.

It's my opinion that they tried to mimick some things from 2K5, but they also wanted to place their own spin on things. And to me, that's why the presentation falls a little short of making it feel like a TV broadcast. I mean, you don't have to reference 2K5--for all they did was basically copy what was on TV. If EA/Tiburon does more borrowing from what's on TV, I'm with it.

But by no means should they do away with cutscenes. Give options for those that do not like them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
...you don't have to reference 2K5--for all they did was basically copy what was on TV. If EA/Tiburon does more borrowing from what's on TV, I'm with it.
+1. Totally agree. Watch TV broadcasts, take notes, pay close attention to details and replicate the telecast experience in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »