Home

Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Cut scenes are unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I'd rather have cut scenes than nothing at all. I swear people ask for something the year prior and when it gets put in the game people bitch about it.
Despite what some think, the fanbase doesn't always know what's right. Imo a developer shouldn't simply do what the fanbase is asking; they should be able to anticipate trends/have their own ideas on what they want to implement. Many people were using 2K5 as an example for Presentation in a football game because that's the only other NFL videogame around that can be referenced - but that game is 5+yrs old at this point. While adding cutscenes is better than what Tiburon has done to date, it's not even a year later and the cutscene approach looks/feels dated. Until they take a more broad approach to the graphics I'm not sure how well a real-time approach would work either; watching a super-detailed coach with wooden sideline players/crowds might be more visually distracting for example. I'm guessing the simplest approach is to give people the option to turn them off

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 18

I love the cutscenes, it all adds to the immersion and presentation we have all been hoping for. I hope they build on with more variety for each game situation.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

Cut scenes have a place in the game and they were cool to see the first 5 or 6 games i played but now they are just an annoyance. I don't need to watch refs debate if the ball crossed the plane or see two chain gang animations.

They either need to find a way to integrate the cut scenes into the background of the play calling screen, reduce the frequency, or provide an option to eliminate them all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes2117
I dont understand why they were put in to begin with. They're horrible, predictable and make the game feel very unrealistic. Who can honestly say they're enjoying them now after a few months of playing time? After each play I'm not wanting to be taken away from what just happened on the field only to be tossed into a scripted movie. If anything I believe they should do the "cut scenes" in real time. If I truck over a defensive linemen and get nailed by a linebacker, I want to see my players rush over to see if that player is okay. If I quarterback sneak on a third and inches, I'm not wanting to see two chainmen prancing over to a ball already placed on the ground seconds later. I believe instead of making a cut scene, they should script it real time, if that makes any sense. I also have one question away from the original topic I would like someone to answer. Does the AI ever do hitstick?
It was done to compete with 2K5... 2K5 had them, and EA thought that it was a major part of "emercing" players into the game. The problem is that they're repetetive and predictable, making them useless. There are a lot of issues with them

1. If the chain gang is on the right, if a first down, if it's on the left, it's short. Make a couple of each to make them randome. Same goes with the TD and sidelines catches.

2. They trigger at stupid times, like even when you don't need them to... The calls are obvious.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 11

i too would like to have an off switch for the cut scenes in madden, but, looking at the big picture they should be fixed.
-the play is never completed before the cut scene interrupts.
-see all pro football:
the way they handle their post play scenes is almost perfect, nothing intrusive about it. just copy it..that's all just copy it.

Last edited by mr_president; 12-08-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #38
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

glad no one read my post lol.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't think anyone is reading any of the posts....
Old 12-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #40
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Sad because I think that it had some good info in there being that I can remember some stuff Ian was saying in 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »