Home

Old 12-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Cut scenes are unnecessary.

The only issues I have with the cutscenes:

-They activate at the wrong/unneeded times (like one other poster said). For example, once the ball was a yard past the yellow line but the chains came out anyway.

-They give away the outcome, especially on the chain gang one. Mix them up and randomize them so I don't know based on how the ball is measured if I got the 1st or not.

-No way to click past them. Can't hit X on them like you can with the challenge replays.

I think if they fix those things, the cut scenes would make everyone happy. Those that like them will get them to be more varied and fire at the best times while those that don't want them at all or are short on time can click through to the result and keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cut scenes are horribly annoying. Why should I be punished if i run or pass just inches short? its always the same annoying scene..."He crossed the plain! OH WAIT!" dun dun dun!!!! Suspense!

Oh, no wait. Just the referees virtually discussing things. Cut the frequency, GREATLY. And they shouldnt occur below the 2 minute mark, nothing i hate more then having some momentum on my way to tie it up or come back for the win and get STOPPED in my hurry up offense for a cut scene. its annoying as could be
Old 12-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes2117
I dont understand why they were put in to begin with. They're horrible, predictable and make the game feel very unrealistic. Who can honestly say they're enjoying them now after a few months of playing time? After each play I'm not wanting to be taken away from what just happened on the field only to be tossed into a scripted movie. If anything I believe they should do the "cut scenes" in real time. If I truck over a defensive linemen and get nailed by a linebacker, I want to see my players rush over to see if that player is okay. If I quarterback sneak on a third and inches, I'm not wanting to see two chainmen prancing over to a ball already placed on the ground seconds later. I believe instead of making a cut scene, they should script it real time, if that makes any sense. I also have one question away from the original topic I would like someone to answer. Does the AI ever do hitstick?
I 100% agree that cut scenes should be real-time sequences inside the game, not these artifical cut-away, repetitive scenes.

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I 100% agree that cut scenes should be real-time sequences inside the game, not these artifical cut-away, repetitive scenes.

any man with an appreciation for Unforgiven is allright by me
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
any man with an appreciation for Unforgiven is allright by me
Thanks marcus82, its one of my all time favorite movies. I have seen it quite a few times!!

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #46
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes2117
I dont understand why they were put in to begin with. They're horrible, predictable and make the game feel very unrealistic. Who can honestly say they're enjoying them now after a few months of playing time? After each play I'm not wanting to be taken away from what just happened on the field only to be tossed into a scripted movie. If anything I believe they should do the "cut scenes" in real time. If I truck over a defensive linemen and get nailed by a linebacker, I want to see my players rush over to see if that player is okay. If I quarterback sneak on a third and inches, I'm not wanting to see two chainmen prancing over to a ball already placed on the ground seconds later. I believe instead of making a cut scene, they should script it real time, if that makes any sense. I also have one question away from the original topic I would like someone to answer. Does the AI ever do hitstick?
I think that if the Madden team could put all of the things that occurs in the cut-scenes in real time, they'd do it, but unfortunately they already gave a reason as to why they couldn't, which I will not go further into. I do agree that some of the cut-scenes are irritating, but they certainly add to the atmosphere and I would rather them over nothing. People have criticized Madden's lack of presentation for years, and I don't think that the community should abandon it and go back to having nothing but a bare bones game. While game play is important, it lacks the icing that presentation brings to deliver a full package. I hope that the Madden team could find a way to get things like interactive sidelines added in for future iterations, specifically Madden 11 to streamline game play, but I wouldn't go against the cut-scenes to end up with a game like Madden 09 with only good game play.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 15

Cutscenes are fine, they just need to be real time like in NBA 2k10.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Cutscenes are fine, they just need to be real time like in NBA 2k10.
Thank you and I would like more cutscenes. Just boring dry football is so old school. The one thing I always enjoyed from 2k was the cutscenes. I vote keep them in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »