Home

Old 12-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cut scenes are unnecessary.

I dont understand why they were put in to begin with. They're horrible, predictable and make the game feel very unrealistic. Who can honestly say they're enjoying them now after a few months of playing time? After each play I'm not wanting to be taken away from what just happened on the field only to be tossed into a scripted movie. If anything I believe they should do the "cut scenes" in real time. If I truck over a defensive linemen and get nailed by a linebacker, I want to see my players rush over to see if that player is okay. If I quarterback sneak on a third and inches, I'm not wanting to see two chainmen prancing over to a ball already placed on the ground seconds later. I believe instead of making a cut scene, they should script it real time, if that makes any sense. I also have one question away from the original topic I would like someone to answer. Does the AI ever do hitstick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Cut scenes are unnecessary.

Agree
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

I agree also. The things they use as cutscenes should all just be added to the post-play in real time. I like this idea
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

amen, they tried to make it more dramatic but 9/10 times its obviously short/good, somtimes im 3 yards past the 1st down line and it still does the cut scene so stupid
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xprodigy89
amen, they tried to make it more dramatic but 9/10 times its obviously short/good, somtimes im 3 yards past the 1st down line and it still does the cut scene so stupid
Also, when that happens, even though you are several yards away from the first down marker, have you noticed the measuring stick is always stopped towards the middle of the ball? You're always the same length passed, or short of the first down in the cut scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

There should at least be an option to turn off all cut scenes. I just want to call the next play, damnit.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll1968
There should at least be an option to turn off all cut scenes. I just want to call the next play, damnit.
Change the playing style to Hardcore and you will have your wish. No post-play anything.

I personally enjoy the cutscenes, they add atmosphere to the game. I do think EA should add more and more variety to them in future Madden iterations to keep it fresh. It'd be better also if they could work without the camera fades, but that's a little nuance that I can live without honestly.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Change the playing style to Hardcore and you will have your wish. No post-play anything.
I'm not sure about that, I am on hardcore and still get cutscenes (which I like as well), just no backtrack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »