Home

Will I need the actual game disc?

This is a discussion on Will I need the actual game disc? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Will I need the actual game disc?

This question is mainly for Madden but I guess it applies to any game...if I download the entire game to my Xbox 360 hard drive will I need the disc when patch #2 comes out? I just got a Modern Warfare 2 edition 360 with a 250 gig hard drive so I'm hoping I can copy all my games to memory and sell the actual discs. Thanks everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Will I need the actual game disc?

After installing games you still need to have the disc in the Xbox in order to play them. This goes for any and all games. If you could just install and sell then Gamefly/Blockbuster would be making 1000000000% more money and no one in the world would buy games ever again.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
After installing games you still need to have the disc in the Xbox in order to play them. This goes for any and all games. If you could just install and sell then Gamefly/Blockbuster would be making 1000000000% more money and no one in the world would buy games ever again.
Good point I didn't think about that. So what is the point of installing the game then? Does it load faster that way?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
Good point I didn't think about that. So what is the point of installing the game then? Does it load faster that way?
It can speed up loading but the biggest thing is that it's much quieter because the disc drive isn't spinning.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando70
It can speed up loading but the biggest thing is that it's much quieter because the disc drive isn't spinning.
Awesome. Thanks fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »