Home

What are your biggest annoyances that should be fixed in madden 11?

This is a discussion on What are your biggest annoyances that should be fixed in madden 11? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Lightbulb What are your biggest annoyances that should be fixed in madden 11?

For me, my biggest annoyances are:
  • Tom Hammond, Tom Hammond, Tom Hammond. Now that Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels are doing games together, I hope that team will be reflected in madden 11.
  • Kicking System is way too easy. I don't remember the last time I missed a field goal. My ideas for a new kicking system are below.
  • Stadium Sounds. Please make the crowd even more interactive with chants. Add in period of silence/loudness depending on what the home team is doing. Add in reaction to plays in real time based on what happens to the home team.
  • Pursuit Angles. There are way too many big plays being given up because of the shotty pursuit angles. These need to be improved.
  • Create-a-team glitches in franchise mode. My team is the Boston Bulldogs, why can't the announcers call my team the Bulldogs? It's always "Boston this, Boston that". If the name of a team coincides with the name of the logo, the team name should be said by the announcers. Also, fix the super bowl patch glitch with created teams.
  • Superstar mode is a waste of space. Either make it better than how it used to be (madden 06) or get rid of it.
  • Jump Balls. The fade is becoming very popular in the NFL, fade routes near the goal line need to be incorporated.
  • If you're going to do co-op mode again, make it 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 and use the default camera
  • Online Franchise needs to be almost identical to offline franchise
  • Bring back owner mode to offline franchise along with the radio show and newspapers (madden 05)
  • The atmosphere of a playoff game should be different than a regular season game, which should feel different than a preseason game
  • Get rid of mini-games. Replace with the classic mini-camp with 2 player option.
My Idea for a Kicking System
We really need to change this to make it more difficult. This is how my ideal kicking system would work: (I will use the 360 button layout because I know that is more popular on these forums).
  1. Press A to snap the ball
  2. Tap A again with correct timing for the holder to catch and hold the ball correctly. If mistimed, it may take an extra second or two to set up the hold or the holder may fumble it altogether depending on how bad the timing was.
  3. As the kicker approaches the ball, flick the left analog stick upwards to determine direction of the kick. The flicking of the stick should occur as the kicker is kicking the ball. If it is mistimed, power will be lost on the kick. If the stick is pushed too far either leftwards or rightwards, the kick may not go between the uprights (but this depends on the wind, kicker's accuracy, etc.)
I really do think madden 10 was a big step in the right direction, but many things can be improved upon in this game to make it even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What are your biggest annoyances that should be fixed in madden 11?

slot WR getting all the catches- make stars difficult to cover and the first option

Rb's that dont finish runs by dropping their shoulders

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The bad camera angles, on default you can't see the flats for almost 10 yards most of the time, and far camera is like a mile away. I think this is why it is easier to hit slot recievers, because you can actually SEE them.

Also the passing trajectory needs further improvement, as well as making the passing game feel more organic and less robotic, if that makes sense.

Make the AI play smarter, not overcompensate by making ridiculous plays i can't control happen.

Make lineman actually matter.

And most important, fix ALL gameplay issues before you add glitter like cutscenes and haltime shows. Don't divert man power from improving core gameplay.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

1. The ball morphing through players.
2. The stats being realistic.
3. The stats adding up correctly.
4. Different commentators.
5. Better Extra Point show with commentating during highlights.
6. Make ratings really mean something in every position on the football field.
7. Better NFL Draft presentation.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

#1 should be the two lines and how they play. It is fundamental to the game of football and has never played like it looks on sunday for the past five years on the 360.

I want the O-line to double team and flow with the ball carrier, and the DTs to draw double teams or more.

We need to feel the weight behind Haynesworth and the big RBs.

Player models need work and they need to fix the sizes in relation to the stadiums.

Let us edit player weights and sizes if they are not done right by EA. MJD still seems too small and looks taller than he does on gameday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Isn't there a wish list thread already?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Better play by the 1 & 2 recievers. Being able to see those recievers would make that even better.

Working IRL/Practice Squade

Trade offers by the CPU

Restricted FA

Randomizing the names with the canned draft classes

Draft board so we can see the the projections before we get to the draft

Oline ratings that matter

CIT rating that matters

3-4 Defense working properly. Haynesworth and other NT's of his size should require double teams. OLB's should be able to get better pressure.

Last edited by LaW97; 12-07-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 13

Annoying things in Madden that I'd like to see fixed are:

- The Warp Catching where receivers get a sudden burst of speed to catch a ball ahead of them.

- Unrealistic sudden awareness by defenders to make a tackle when you're RB has the ball and you press the speed trigger. Ive seen DLinemen do a complete 360 off a block to tackle a RB that just passed them!

- The floaty feel of the ball on deep passes. The inability to make touch passes over linebackers into a receiver's hands over the middle.

- Lack of sideline awareness.

- As a defender, whenever you're pursuing the ball carrier in the open field, switching to the closest player will slow down that player and never be close enough to make a tackle.

- Inability to 'disguise' defensive coverage.

- Make kicking more challenging (See All Pro Football 2K8's kicking engine, especially in the more difficult settings. The aiming arrow drifts left to right adding to the challenge)

- Cut scene for the chain gang tips off whether the play resulted in a first down or is short. Add more drama by showing the same cut scenes and various outcomes.

BigBlue

Last edited by BigBlue; 12-08-2009 at 08:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »