Home

Whats wrong with the 2009 stat engine?

This is a discussion on Whats wrong with the 2009 stat engine? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #9
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Whats wrong with the 2009 stat engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
its definately the stat engine... sure coaching sliders can help things and get pretty solid results (arent I the one that showed you what I do pre patch #2 to do that lol), but the stat engine in general is pretty poor. And some things, like OLB sacks, RB TD's, etc are impossible to fix

now post patch #2, a lot of RB's are averaging 6+ ypc, and no coach sliders can change that... sure you can completely reduce the # of carries RB's get to lower their total yards, but regardless they are still averaging 6+ yards a carry
Right, and when you do that then sack numbers, which are already high post patch 2, really go through the roof. Along with passing yards, tds and receiving being too high again. And divying up the carries 50/50 between RB1 and 2 doesn't do enough on its own to really fix the problem.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 AM   #10
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

excuse my ignorance..i am on 360 so i dont have the patch yet but what if you adjust the defensive coaching slider to defend the run more for each team?
would that help at all?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

To anybody out there who does not have the 2nd patch, DON"T DOWNLOAD THE 2ND PATCH IF YOU WANT REASONABLE STATS!!! My stats before the 2nd patch were not too bad. Michael Turner usually had led the league with 1,500+ yards and 11+ TD's. Since the patch he is getting about 2,200+ yards and 20+ TD's. Not to mention LT leads the league with a whopping 9.6 YPC!!! Chris Johnson is averaging 150+ yards a game, that put him on pace for 2,400 yards. The running stats have been totally shot to heck. And sacks are skewed as well, seen guys like Demarcus Ware and Jared Allen get 25+ sacks. Don't get the patch if you want accurate (or close to) stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlneste
To anybody out there who does not have the 2nd patch, DON"T DOWNLOAD THE 2ND PATCH IF YOU WANT REASONABLE STATS!!! My stats before the 2nd patch were not too bad. Michael Turner usually had led the league with 1,500+ yards and 11+ TD's. Since the patch he is getting about 2,200+ yards and 20+ TD's. Not to mention LT leads the league with a whopping 9.6 YPC!!! Chris Johnson is averaging 150+ yards a game, that put him on pace for 2,400 yards. The running stats have been totally shot to heck. And sacks are skewed as well, seen guys like Demarcus Ware and Jared Allen get 25+ sacks. Don't get the patch if you want accurate (or close to) stats.
what about stuff like tackles and stuff? damn, are the stats really that bad now?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
what about stuff like tackles and stuff? damn, are the stats really that bad now?
I don't think so. Are the running stats inflated? They appear so...as I haven't completed an entire season to see what the final stats are, but judging from the people's test sims, they seem to be inflated, as do sacks.

Other than that, the stats are pretty darn good. Definitely easier to tolerate, in my opinion, post patch #2 than they were pre-patch #2. Of course, I like teams to have more than 1 or 0 rushing TD's on the year and OLB's to get sacks in 3-4 defense and not have every QB throwing for insane number of yards and TD's on the season.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Pre and post patch as a whole they are both bad.

You have to pick your poison this year.

Out of the box, patch 1, and patch 2 all have different version of problems with stats. You just need to see which one you are willing to live with if any.

From my perspective they are all unacceptable.

Maybe some year they will finally "fix" the stat engine for real and have stats similar to what is found here: nfl.com

In ALL categories.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #15
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I like that they fixed rushing TDs and OLB Sacks.

Seems to me that completion % is way too low on too many guys now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
i dont think its the stat engine.
i think its the coaching sliders.

i finally took the time out to start a 32 team chise and adjusted the sliders for each team. i got realistic stats and i havent even d'l patch 2 yet.
the only thing is i noticed that after every year or every other year atleast you should change the sliders do to new coaches and/or players to each team.
That's the key right there. If you do download patch 2, your stats are going to be waaayyyy unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »