Home

Since no one is answering questions in the impressions thread

This is a discussion on Since no one is answering questions in the impressions thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Since no one is answering questions in the impressions thread

So have these things been fixed:

1. Ball morphing through players hands as the ball is thrown to them.

2. CPU vs CPU games never have any injuries.

3. Tackles adding up correctly and being realistic.

4. Sacks (see #3)

5. QB's actually taking sacks instead of throwing the duck pass as soon as they get hit.

Yes or No.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Since no one is answering questions in the impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
So have these things been fixed:

1. Ball morphing through players hands as the ball is thrown to them.

2. CPU vs CPU games never have any injuries.

4. Sacks (see #3)

5. QB's actually taking sacks instead of throwing the duck pass as soon as they get hit.

Yes or No.
2 of your questions have been answered in the impressions thread if you would take the time to read them.

QB's take sacks now and the tackles are correct, but you have to add up the solo and assisted tackles to get the solo tackle #. Josh Looman said there was an issue with how the tackle #'s show up, so that's why its like that.

I don't understand #3, are you talking about the sack #'s?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
2 of your questions have been answered in the impressions thread if you would take the time to read them.

QB's take sacks now and the tackles are correct, but you have to add up the solo and assisted tackles to get the solo tackle #. Josh Looman said there was an issue with how the tackle #'s show up, so that's why its like that.

I don't understand #3, are you talking about the sack #'s?
Well I went through ALMOST every page in that thread but 99.9% of it was people complaining about RB stats.

As far as tackles, so the total number of sacks at the end of the year will reflect only on solo, as far as "season stats" are concerned?

I worded the "sacks" question wrong. I meant to ask if the correct positions defensively are the ones getting the most sacks. Meaning, a DT that has more sacks than any other position is ridiculous but happened in Madden 10.

You didnt answer the morphing question which was a HUGE problem but you may not have known. Lots of incomplete passes or even picks because the ball sometimes went through the receiver instead of him catching it.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
As far as tackles, so the total number of sacks at the end of the year will reflect only on solo, as far as "season stats" are concerned?
If you mean total number of tackles at the end of the season, no. Those are added right if I remember correctly. I was talking about when you finish a game and look at the stats.

Quote:
I worded the "sacks" question wrong. I meant to ask if the correct positions defensively are the ones getting the most sacks. Meaning, a DT that has more sacks than any other position is ridiculous but happened in Madden 10.
As far as I know, 3-4 OLB's and all that get the amount (or close to the amount) of sacks they should be getting. All of this is in the patch impressions thread, so like I said, read through it. There was no reason to make another thread for these questions.

Quote:
You didnt answer the morphing question which was a HUGE problem but you may not have known. Lots of incomplete passes or even picks because the ball sometimes went through the receiver instead of him catching it.
I didn't answer that because I don't have the patch. I answered 2 of them because I seen those answers in the patch impressions thread.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Qbs still throw ducks. I ran few nano blitzs against the QB and he still got the ball off consistently.

however, I have gotten a few coverage sacks where the QB couldn't find an open player. I think the QB "cheats" a little if you blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

What is the ball morphing issue? Are you seeing this during a replay of the play? If so, thats happening because replays are compressed and will always happen.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
There are a LOT of stats that don't register properly, especially when a penalty occurs, or if you challenge a play. I was going to document the ones I encountered, but since I don't see EA devs on the board anymore, I don't see a reason to do so. If I knew for certain they would make it to the dev team, then I would have documented them when I played.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
There are a LOT of stats that don't register properly, especially when a penalty occurs, or if you challenge a play. I was going to document the ones I encountered, but since I don't see EA devs on the board anymore, I don't see a reason to do so. If I knew for certain they would make it to the dev team, then I would have documented them when I played.
See thats what I don't understand. This title update took forever to release and it doesn't seem like alot was fixed. Atleast thats the impression I get from other players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »