Home

How to combat LB at DE

This is a discussion on How to combat LB at DE within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: How to combat LB at DE

If he's stupid enough to have them there every down...keep them on the field and they will tire out really fast.

If its the dime and nickle packages...use your line audibles..agressive would do the trick if he is doing wide rushes.

Stepping up into the pocket is one of the things that the game does well...so take a step or two up and that will give you oodles of extra time.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Weak against the run. He's small. I'd run right at him. Harrison is a physical phenomenon so that's a different story. Dude squats 1000+ lbs and benches 800+! That's squatting 4 times his weight!

Dumerville just came to mind when I thought stud pass rusher but small LB in a 3-4 scheme. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's pretty small and I could imagine him getting mauled by OT's in the run game.

I'm well aware that Dumerville leads the league in sacks yadda yadda. I watch too much football I think lol.
If he benches 800+ pounds that would be a record in the NFL. Last I heard the biggest bench press was OG Larry Allen who benched a little over 700. I think you have your facts wrong, Harrison is strong, but he is not the strongest NFL player to ever play the game.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlneste
If he benches 800+ pounds that would be a record in the NFL. Last I heard the biggest bench press was OG Larry Allen who benched a little over 700. I think you have your facts wrong, Harrison is strong, but he is not the strongest NFL player to ever play the game.

Yep I was way off base. I read something on wikipedia at one time, but that was obviously false. I did find this comment that seems more reasonable:

"Harrison is recognized as the strongest Steeler and one of the strongest in the entire league. Harrison can bench 465 pounds and squat an unbelievable 700 pounds!"

That makes a little more sense. I know the dude has exceptional strength and was making that as a point where you simply can't run at him. His block shedding, strength, and speed are just too dominant. On the other hand, a more finesse-like rusher such as Dumerville can be run at.

BTW Sadly Harrison's political views don't match mine. Fortunately there's nothing out there sharing Lloyd's (my favorite all-time player) views to ruin my perception of him

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 12-09-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Yep I was way off base. I read something on wikipedia at one time, but that was obviously false. I did find this comment that seems more reasonable:

"Harrison is recognized as the strongest Steeler and one of the strongest in the entire league. Harrison can bench 465 pounds and squat an unbelievable 700 pounds!"

That makes a little more sense. I know the dude has exceptional strength and was making that as a point where you simply can't run at him. His block shedding, strength, and speed are just too dominant. On the other hand, a more finesse-like rusher such as Dumerville can be run at.

BTW Sadly Harrison's political views don't match mine. Fortunately there's nothing out there sharing Lloyd's (my favorite all-time player) views to ruin my perception of him
Don't listen to CreatineKasey. He doesn't know what he is talking about. Ratings don't matter much except speed, acceleration, and jump, catch, and tackle.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by firrea80
Don't listen to CreatineKasey. He doesn't know what he is talking about. Ratings don't matter much except speed, acceleration, and jump, catch, and tackle.
nice input Have more respect for your forum members.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
nice input Have more respect for your forum members.
Yeah Minh! Rawr!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »