Home

My Dream Wildcat Scenario

This is a discussion on My Dream Wildcat Scenario within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
My Dream Wildcat Scenario

The Jaguars have been reported as saying they would consider drafting Tim Tebow in the first round. If the NFL season were to end today the Miami Dolphins would be drafting before the Jacksonville Jaguars in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft. See where I'm going?

My Dream Wildcat
Tim Tebow
Ronnie Brown
Pat White

How I Would Run It
Tim Tebow takes the snap out of the Wildcat Formation. Ronnie Brown assumes the role of the playaction running back either taking the handoff or being used for the fake. Pat White lines up at the wide receiver position opposite of the side Ronnie Brown starts on (where Chad Henne sometimes lines up).

The Basic Options
1) Tim Tebow playaction run

2) Tim Tebow playaction pass

3) Ronnie Brown run

4) Ronnie Brown pass after receiving the handoff

5) Ronnie Brown accepts handoff and hands off the Pat White on a reverse

6) Pat White accepts handoff from Ronnie Brown and looks to pass

7) Ronnie Brown accepts handoff and hands off to Pat White who then throws back to Tebow who then in turn looks to pass or run

The options are endless...

What Madden Needs To Do To Fix The Wildcat In Madden 11
One of the problems facing my dream come true is that all of the options I just listed aren't possible in Madden because of all the restrictions on the Wildcat. This is what Madden needs to fix to make the Wildcat actually be the wildcat.

1) Be able to scramble from a pass play! That's how Ronnie Brown does it in real life, he scrambles to the left and then makes a pass.

2) Use the QB that's lined up as a WR! We've seen it on Sunday, the ball ends up back in the hands of the quarterback who then attempts a pass. We've seen this from Chad Pennington. There are no plays in Madden 10 that allow this.

3) Give us the ability to create our own plays! Why was this taken out? We used to be able to create our own plays and playbooks. Bring it back so we can create creative offenses like the Wildcat or make our play variations of current formations.

The Bottom Line
My dream is that the Dolphins will draft Tim Tebow, giving them a ridiculous amount of options out of the Wildcat. In addition to being fun to watch on Sunday, it would be great to be able to run the Wildcat in Madden 11. Unfortunately, there are 2 problems.

1) The Dolphins probably won't draft Tebow (I can live with this).
2) I'm worried EA won't do as they claim... make a game where whatever you see on Sunday you see in the game. The Wildcat is useless unless it can be run like it is on Sunday. What I mean is, NO RESTRICTIONS! Until there are no restrictions, my dream can never happen.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 12-08-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My Dream Wildcat Scenario

I would love to watch the Dolphins even more, if they drafted Tebow and did that with the wildcat. That would be great.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

If you had Tebow, you don't need White- he would barely be used because tebow could do all the throwing and Brown/Tebow are bigger and better runners. You need a RB to replace Ricky when he eventually retires. Ricky (or whatever 2nd RB) would be who scare defenses (not White) cuz of the speed And power of him and Brown. 2 RB 1 QB > 2 QB 1 RB

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Where was it said they would draft him in the first round? He's not worth a first round pick atm, I might be willing to accept him at low (30s) second round if he plays lights out at the senior bowl in a pro style offense.

At best if the Jags draft him he sits on the bench for a few years and eventually beats out Garrard, maybe doing some wildcat plays, but I don't see the gimmick of that lasting very long.

The Dolphins didn't even use it last week when they beat the Pats.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm a big Jags fan, and I really hope they don't draft him. And I don't think they will. With the old draft philosophy, they would, but not with the new one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Where was it said they would draft him in the first round? He's not worth a first round pick atm, I might be willing to accept him at low (30s) second round if he plays lights out at the senior bowl in a pro style offense.

At best if the Jags draft him he sits on the bench for a few years and eventually beats out Garrard, maybe doing some wildcat plays, but I don't see the gimmick of that lasting very long.

The Dolphins didn't even use it last week when they beat the Pats.
Actually they've been running it great this season, proving it's not a gimmick. The reason they didn't run it vs. the Pats is because Ronnie Brown is out for the season, and Ricky Williams does not do well in Brown's position.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Actually they've been running it great this season, proving it's not a gimmick. The reason they didn't run it vs. the Pats is because Ronnie Brown is out for the season, and Ricky Williams does not do well in Brown's position.
And the Pats defend it very well. It's something that works great against mediocre-bad defenses, but does not work against top defenses. It's a pretty good gadget, but in the long term, Miami needs to learn to do more outside of it. At times they are overly dependent on it.

That being said, I don't think they need Tebow. They definitely shouldn't draft him in the first round.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I'm a big Jags fan, and I really hope they don't draft him. And I don't think they will. With the old draft philosophy, they would, but not with the new one.
I feel ya... Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, Byron Leftwich, Marcedes Lewis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »