Home

Who would you rather have at QB? (NCAA Draft)

This is a discussion on Who would you rather have at QB? (NCAA Draft) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Who should be drafted?
Terrelle Pryor 14 24.14%
Jimmy Clausen 44 75.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Who would you rather have at QB? (NCAA Draft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
IF and a very big IF Pryor can learn to accurately read a defense, and use speed if all else fails (not as his main weapon)...he will be the next Culpepper, McNabb..etc. As of right now, I'd say he's looking at more JaMarcus Russell career, without as much disappointment since he likely won't be a 1st round grade until he has a few more years under him.
Ouch, JaMarcus Russell?

He's that bad in real life?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
The guy that says Pryor is a better NFL prospect in real life is giving the guy that says neither is a good prospect crap.. just wow. Even if you don't see Clausen as a good NFL prospect, which most people do, there is absolutely no way that you can possibly argue that Pryor looks like a good NFL prospect.
i didnt say pryor was gonna be a good nfl prospect. reading is fun huh?

all i said was irl pryor - i just have a personal preference of mobile qbs, i didnt make a prediction at all.

once again, reading is fun
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd.aitken
Thankfully you will never have control of an NFL team
another physic , yay.

is it wrong i prefer my backup qb to be pryor over clausen in real life
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #28
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
another physic , yay.

is it wrong i prefer my backup qb to be pryor over clausen in real life
Yes because Pryor will be lucky to be a team's backup with the way that he plays at the moment, whereas Clausen is probably going to start for somebody (not saying he'll keep the starting job, but he'll probably start at some point). There's a reason Clausen is a top 3 QB this year in the draft and Pryor will probably be a 2nd day draft pick when he comes out.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #29
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

FYI: It's spelled psychic. Not trying to be a jerk or anything though

It's hard to say how good Pryor will be now. He is very raw. My gut feeling is that neither will be great in real life. I was right about R. Leaf, and had high expectations about Drew Brees even though he wasn't highly touted in the draft. I hope I am wrong about both of them. It's also hard to say how good Clausen will be since he has Golden Tate and Michael Floyd. He does sometimes throw some balls that he won't get away with in the NFL that's for sure. So does Pryor (more so at this point).

In Madden it depends on your style. I play with Kurt Warner a lot because I like to just sit in the pocket and pass since that is what I do well. If you scramble a lot TP is your guy. As far as sim goes, I think Clausen is the way to go.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Are they the best you have to choose from? Who else is available?
They were the only two good QBs in the draft class. The next best QB after Clausen was... Taylor Potts I think, he was significantly lower than either Clausen or Pryor. I was planning on drafting Sam Bradford last year, but he was taken two picks before my first round pick, so I "settled" for Ndamukong Suh.

In Free Agency, Byron Leftwich and Michael Vick are the best QBs available, and I would rather keep playing Bulger than either of them. No offense to either of them, they just aren't an upgrade at QB, and I'm really looking for a Franchise QB to help take my team to the next level for the coming decade or so when paired with S-Jax.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 12-10-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #31
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

Can I choose neither, both are overrated. Pryor is a Vince Young type QB and if they gave QB's a little better mobility and agility in the pocket, like how Vince Young moves, he could be a nice prospect. Both are way too unfinished right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #32
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Clausen. No question. Let your RB's and WR's do the work after handoff or the catch. Scrambling ability is vastly overrated.

Super Bowl Winning Quarterbacks Who are Pocket Passers:

2008: Ben Roethisberger
2007: Eli Manning
2006: Peyton Manning
2005: Big Ben again
2004: Tom Brady
2003: Tom again
2002: Brad Johnson
2001: Tom again
2000: Trent Dilfer
1999: John Elway. You could call him a scrambler I guess, but nobody was ever like Elway. I'll guarantee you he had a better arm than even Clausen.

So there. Go back ten years to find a QB who even maybe kinda sorta could be classified as a scrambler.

Before that, in all Super Bowls?

1994: Steve Young
1990: Jeff Hostetler

That's it. Bottom line is self-evident. Pocket passers win championships. Draft Clausen.

Respectfully disagree that Clausen is overrated. My hunch is that he's going to be a very, very good NFL quarterback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »