Home

What is one thing Madden 11 must have to confirm a purchase for you???

This is a discussion on What is one thing Madden 11 must have to confirm a purchase for you??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: What is one thing Madden 11 must have to confirm a purchase for you???

First, the ratings must be relevant. Rating are what drives the premise of any sports title. Certian players are better than others; without ratings, a video game can't portray this. This is why players seem so interchangable in Madden 10.

There needs to be a bigger variety of animations. The game is too repetative. It seems as if there's always some animation that people hate. Last year is was the dreaded spin catch, this year it's the over the should catch. When you remove this EA, please don't replace it with another goofy, reduntant, inappropiate animation.

The franchise mode is bare bones. Supposedly, the focus was supposed to be on corrections; however, the stats were broken before and after both patches, IR is useless, there's no restricted free agency, there's position requirements in franchise mode when there's no position requirements in reality. Also, it's 2009 and we still don't have extended rosters in the preseason.

In order for me to purchase Madden 11, I will need to see some sort of innovation. As of now, you can do anything in Madden 10 on a last gen platform that you can on a current gen platform. The current gen platforms have been on the market for four years, that simply isn't acceptable.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

1. Ratings - especially for OLine must be fixed
2. RFA, fix FA signings/player resignings,
3. Legacy gen controller layout
4. Legacy gen audibles/hot routes/D Playmaker/ shading/individual
BnR or Off coverage
5. More flexibilty/customization of options
6. Need to be able to play one profile vs another on same PS3!!!!!
7. Edit Playbooks (minimum I want to be able to replace plays in
my playbook with plays from the other playbooks and use them
in any mode though i could see an option to turn these on/off)
8. Bring back the "cut-moves" and double moves/ shoulder fake
9. Give me an EA locker where I can save franchises, playbooks,
and profiles so when I go to my friend's house I don't have
to waste an hour setting my team up!!!!!
10. Fix the sim stats, give me a working option to utilize 3 RBs
in simmed games!!!!

I know he said 1 thing, but if those ten are not addressed myself and the other 15 members of my ongoing multi-user franchise will not be buying M11!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
more fluid animations. No more robot players.
To pick one thing is tough when it comes to a football game, so many things have to be right, but since you said one thing. I will have to go with animations.

The first thing I do when trying a game out for the 1st time is to see at how smooth the game feels and looks, and this was the one thing that turned me off right away to Madden 10.

I hear things feel and look smoother with the 2nd patch , so I will give it a 2nd look.

Then after aimations, its A.I and players playing to their ratings. Everything else I can deal with.

The game has to feel smooth or I just cant get into it. This is why Iam into NBA Live this year, and loved MLB the show. Smooooooth. MW1 and 2 Smoooooth, RE5 Smoooooth, Uncharted smooooth, God of War smoooooth, Gears of War 1 and 2 smoooooth, Last gen Madden smooooth. Im sure you understand where I'm going.

Again after that the other elements have to play out well also. I mean if the game is smooth and the A.I is bad. Trust me I will not be playing the game at all. I'm just saying the 1st thing for me is smoothness , and then from there I can really give the game a solid look.

When I try out 11 and it is smooth I will for sure give it a longer test drive then the 1 hr I gave to Madden 10. I really hope they get this going , and is the main reason why I want to try out BackBreaker. That game looks smoooooth
Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
To put it short, put everything from HC09(I will even go and say minus the draft presentation about the players) and a realistic running game. Even then I would be tempted to pass on the product on principle alone.
I feel you, what has happened to this genre is really sad . Looking at all the other sports titles and how they are improving really is discouraging sometimes. If BB flops, I'll buy Madden 11 used(gotta wait for patches anyway). To EA, as far a their bottom line is concerned, someone buying a used copy is like not buying a copy at all.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm enjoying Madden '10 very much this year, especially post patches. I enjoy the series, as I have been for the 20+ years its been out. So it stands to reason that I'll be looking forward to the game next year when it releases.

Sorry that confused you.
That fact that you'll buy something that you enjoy isn't the confusing part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #22
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Im going to buy anyway because madden does get better every year in some kind of way. But I would love to see them add superbowl wins to all the players award history. That would mean alot to the game,because knowing every players history in his career helps us in free agencie while pickin up players thats needed for our teams.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Overhauled o-line/d-line system. Right now ratings seem almost irrelevant, and the blocking needs a lot of improvement.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #24
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Enhanced franchise mode with more depth and realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »