Home

What is one thing Madden 11 must have to confirm a purchase for you???

This is a discussion on What is one thing Madden 11 must have to confirm a purchase for you??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #57
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What is one thing Madden 11 must have to confirm a purchase for you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
M11 will be a purchase for me b/c I'm enjoying M10.

There's a few things I want addressed, but momentum and locomotion is the biggest. One thing that irritates me about M10 is how the defense can sometimes cover mass amounts of field in what seemingly is milliseconds (exaggeration). With more emphasis on locomotion, you can trust your eyes more and make plays accordingly.
Watch the replays closely in very slow motion with an eye on the QB and the receiver. On the default setting DB reaction setting, the DB will begin to react as soon as you press the button. That's how they are able to cut under the routes so easily. This is even in man on man coverage, not zone. They need to alter the coverage, at least in man on manage coverage, so the player plays the man they are covering, and only reacts to the ball at the last moment 'if' they see it.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #58
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8

New Passing System or Running System, I'm so tired of the current decade old system. I need something new to play around with, make me feel like I'm in the game. (Wait, isn't that EA's slogan? Yet I don't FEEL in the game, freaking hypocrites!)
Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

The only thing I want is for realistic locomotion. I absolutely hate it when my o line pushes a guy backwards and he recovers and tackles me while my o linemen is falling, stuck in his animation for 10 more minutes. And I would absolutely love it if when I run past a defender and his back is to my back, as im running away from him, that he doesn't tornado flip just in time to trigger a tackle animation. If i run past a guy, hes beat, i win, unless he can turn his body around and catch up to me. No more super spinning.

I'll prolly buy it anyway, ive given up on wishing. lets just play the damn thing
Old 12-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

o-line ratings that mean something

realistic wr/db interaction

DRASTICALLY improved franchise mode(RFA,IR,CPU trades,playoff atmosphere)

and a decent soundtrack would do wonders since this is the music im stuck listening to for how many ever hours of my life are sucked into franchise
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #61
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I only need in game saves.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #62
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

I hate reading through pages of crap and useless comments...but there's a few good comments here.

A.) For me a deeper franchise mode. Now that they have the A-team settled in, they can work on making it the most in depth part of the game.

B.) Smoother gameplay. I'm kinda tired of the Madden 'feel'. It feels stiff.

I know OP said one....but i doubt if anyone it gonna limit their choice to one when its their own money doing the talkin.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #63
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Well, I'm enjoying a Madden Renaissance right now as it's reentered my rotation in a big way now that I've seen 3 or 4 endings to Dragon Age. I think the biggest thing is that I need to see continued progress... have a 10-to-11 leap similar to the 09-10 leap, and I wont complain.

That said, there are a few things I think would make me most likely to consider Madden 11 to finally break free of the 2k shackles...

1.) Continued focus on presentation, including further polish and variety. Variety is key... there are only 2 measurement cutscenes, one for a first down, one for just short. I know exactly which is playing long before the measurement is done, so all drama is gone. All there had to be was 4... 2 angles, a first down and a just-short from each angle... to preserve the drama. That's a lack of polish that needs to change.

Furthermore, I want to see fewer huge sections of Away fans (especially the halftime tunnel shots), more sideline shots (especially in blow outs).

Another important factor in presentation is the script. Right now, the script is full of lines that kill the suspension of disbelief. I mentioned this one to Ian on twitter yesterday when I was playing a Franchise game and I saw a halftime stat showing Justin Fargas has ran for 141 yards, and the announcer said, "Justin Fargas has over 125 yards rushing". Now, why on earth would an announcer say that when they know the precise number of yards he has? She wouldn't... memory limitations prevent them from having a line for every possible number of rushing yards. A better line there would be, "Justin Fargas is having a career day." or "Justin Fargas has been unstoppable today." Something similarly vague but makes the point in a way we might expect from a real life announcer.

There needs to be more thought going into these scripts. You can have fairly vague lines that are realistic and don't sound out of place, they just need to put a bit more time into them.

2.) Continued work on different atmosphere's based on game. Half full preseason stands, preseason games clearing out by halftime regardless of the score. Yes, I want more realistic PRESEASON atmosphere.

3.) A huge investment into Franchise mode, bringing over as many elements of NFL Head Coach as is humanly possible. 80-man preseason rosters, cut days, training camp (with some input into player progression through training camp), an NFL Head Coach-like draft, Playbook Knowledge, Learning stats, and player personalities.

4.) This is related to #3 but deserves it's own entry: Team Roadmaps. This was the shockingly simple but elegantly effective system that ran NFL Head Coach's roster management AI, and it is simply the best roster management AI in the history of sports video games.

5.) This is huge for me: Play Editor!!! Many people are sport hobbyists. I can join a league and play 5-on-5 basketball and run the Triangle offense. I can go to a local country club to get my golf fix, I can join a softball or even baseball league, I can play tennis if I want too... I cannot be a football hobbyist. Madden is my only outlet for living out my dreams of being an offensive coordinator. Give me that ability. Custom plays and custom playbooks go a very long way in pushing the life of Madden.

6.) Make Awareness mean something for quarterbacks. This is absolutely necessary. Any 49ers fan this year can tell you; what, exactly, prevents us from playing Nate Davis, the most physically talented QB on the roster, over Shaun Hill or Alex Smith? Precisely nothing, because Awareness is meaningless. Even if it's as simple as giving the defensive backs a noticeable boost to reaction time (emulating a poor awareness QBs tendency to stare down a receiver), it would be something.

7.) Pressure rumble on QBs should not work when the pressure is coming from the blind side.

8.) Rebuilt Stat-Gen from the ground up, accounting for all defensive types, not just a generic 4-3 and 3-4.

9.) Custom draft classes... let us build and save complete draft classes for dissemination online. "EA Locker".

10.) Release the NextGen game on PC.

11.) And this is the most important of all: An extensive rebuild of defensive pursuit AI, complete with cutback, outside containment, and other assignments. Each play needs a vs. Run and vs. Pass assignment for every player. Gap assignments, run fits, playing downhill, and over pursuit need to be accounted for.

Opposing this must be a reworked run blocking AI that makes appropriate adjustments to defensive fronts.

Both of these things have their passing counterparts, but I think I can live with the passing game as is for another year... the running game, on both sides of the ball, needs extensive attention.
I love this.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 2

Drop the price to a buck.

After the garbage this year, and all the broken promises of realism, there's no way I'm buying it this year or any year in the foreseeable future. Probably never.

Nice job Ian.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »