Home

Franchise Advice Madden 09 Detroit Lions (X360)

This is a discussion on Franchise Advice Madden 09 Detroit Lions (X360) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise Advice Madden 09 Detroit Lions (X360)

Afternoon gents, been working on my franchise while waiting for Patch #2. Needed some advice with my Lions Draft.

I took a few weeks to work on a really good set of imported draft classes, and have bout 90% accuracy on draft porjections in game versus real life counter parts. Controlling all 32 teams I have gone through each week and simmed the results to match the current NFL week #13 and simmed out my predictions for rest of year(Colts win SB!).

The Off-season I handle each team as if I was GM and stay true to game play style etc...and make a few moves to keep things interesting. Saints cut Reggie Bush (which may happen) and Jim Zorn gets the axe in Washington that kinda of stuff.

So with my Lions I made some good FA pick ups which is tough

1. David Baas LG signed for 4 years 33 mill and 12 mill bonus
I'm thinkin Backus will do better with a solid LG next to him and will help open holes for K.Smith, he's not as bad as most think
2. Jarvis Moss DE singed for 2 years 6 mill and 1.5 mill bonus
Denver ended his contact after never living up to draft hype, I think G.Cunningham would be just the guy to resurrect his carrer, Gunther has been able to coach our DE's to get good pressure this year now if we could only add a DT to create pressure up the middle.
3. David Tyree WR signed 3 years 6 mill and small bonus
Need more talent at WR to make Defense's pay for doubling Calvin Johnson
4. Bradon Llyod WR 3 years 6 mill small bonus
Again need a sure handed WR that runs routes well and B.Llyod does that well

Other signings: Dre Bly CB = Depth, Mike Mickens CB = Depth, Jeff Reed K = Hanson retired, Charlie Batch QB = Depth cut Cullpepper, Ben Patrick TE = depth

So, now my draft delima

Draft order is as follows

#1. Clevland
#2. Tampa Bay
#3. Detroit
#4. St. Louis

Top Draft Board is as follows
1. NDamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2. Greald McCoy DT Oklahoma
3. Eric Berry S Tennesse
4. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

I want to trade up to get one of the two stud DT's in the draft, and. So far my only idea for a trade is with Clevland

Trade: 2010 1st round (#3), 2010 3rd round (#67) and 2011 2nd round.

What do y'all think fair and realistic?

My reasoning is Clevland may not want to pass on N.Suh, but getting extra picks and still drafting Eric Berry S is a big win imho, last year Clevland traded back and seems like with would help out team big time.

Please let me know what you would do inmy situation, thanks in advance for your help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Franchise Advice Madden 09 Detroit Lions (X360)

You simmed it until the wins/losses for each team mirrored real life? lotta re-loading there and trying again, eh?
A few things:

1) paying top 5 draft pick money for a DT in this game is not gonna pay dividends for you, ditto for DE unless you manually control him.
2) you cannot trade future draft picks in this game so your trade scenario is a no go
3) CPU defenses very, very rarely ever double team anyone in my experience so signing a mediocre wideout to reap that benefit is unlikely, better to have speed at the slot to beat the coverage on drags and slants.

Also beefing up the d-line/TE for some decent run blocking is a good move, I had some excellent years with Smith after doing the same, turning in RB of the year, OPY, and pro bowl appearances 2 years straight then I had to franchise and trade him cause he didnt want to re-sign.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

Thanks for advice, it did take a day or two to get the win/loss prefect as of week #13 but worth it imo, I controll all 32 teams, so as far as future picks I write down any furture picks traded and durning pre-season I just trade them for a scrub player or 7th round pick

I do manage all teams fairly as possible and while teams don't double team much I do re-order my oppnents depth chart to put up most competitive match ups against my team.

A stud DT that can wreck havoc on Offensive Lines is worth TOP 5 money imo, but respect your opinion

Trading for a #1 pick by giving up a #3 pick #67 and 2nd in 2011 to much or fair?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Gotcha, I think its fair if the team giving up the pick doesnt have a huge need for what the #2 picking team is likely to grab if available...

About the DT's, I'm not saying I think a DT isnt worth the money, I'm saying this game doesnt make good enough use of the D-linemen in general to make it worth the dough *unless* you intend to control him/them yourself and run around the edge/right stick your way into the pocket but that is against the usual assignment of a DT. Its one of the major gripes people have about this years game, the AI doesnt get any regular push against opposing O-lines cause they dont use any of thier PWR/FIN moves to get through (to be fair, the O-linemen dont tend to get any pancackes either). Bottom line, stats for Dline dont really translate to much other than a big paycheck and 20 tackles with 3 sacks a season, not a consistent pass rush and stuffed runs galore.

I have a 360 so I dont know what the effects of the latest patch look like with regard to the QB holding the ball longer instead of throwing a "lame duck", this may result in improved stats for Dline sacks though.

All of this is assuming you will actually play the games, if you are going to sim them then it will play out entirely differently.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

Much appriciated, I was just trying to make sure the trade was fair for Clevland and if anything maybe have the Lions paying a little to much, for what I think will improve the Lions Defense tremendously. The NFC north RB's are rough too face off twice a year.

I had a second plan that's still on the board.

Keep the 3rd pick and take Eric Berry S Tennesse - adding a ball hawking Saftey next to L. Delmas would make for a very tough backfield to throw deep on.

Use my 2nd round pick on BPA, projecting to have shot at Brandon Graham DE Michigan or Dan Williams DT Tennesse.

I will say its really fun having pretty accurate draft classes, its took forever going back to NCAA10 and adjusting ratings and simming the season over and over to get the classes.

I used some tricks posted in the Rosters section, by adjusting player HT and WT in NCAA, then loading it in Madden over and over till its dam near perfect. I have 1 player not importing like I want Bruce Campbell OT Maryland, but I may just draft the guy who's in his spot and swap edit the players
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »