Home

Looking for a new playbook

This is a discussion on Looking for a new playbook within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Looking for a new playbook

Ok, I'm in a franchise mode with the Rams and drafted Terrelle Pryor as my new franchise QB. Seeing as how my WR corp is still pretty weak, but I've got S-Jax and now Pryor, I was hoping to find a playbook with a good deal of formations using 2 RBs (FB/HB) and a TE or two to run out of, but I would also like some designed QB runs/bootlegs.

Right now I'm using the Run Balanced playbook and it's working well, but it doesn't have any designed QB runs to take advantage of Pryor's running ability. Are there any playbooks that have designed QB runs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Drike19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Looking for a new playbook

with 2 RBs and a fast QB I usually played with run n' gun playbook, that is just my preference, it has some bootleg plays and with Pryor's speed you can do some damage.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Looking for a new playbook

Try San Francisco's playbook. I'm just finishing up my first franchise year with the 49ers and I had the 10th ranked offense in the NFL. They have a lot of "big-sets" and a lot of formations with two TEs and well as 2 RBs.

In week three Shaun Hill went down with a broken wrist in a week 3 drubbing by the vikings where AP broke his own single game rushing record. I put in Nate Davis. Rookie from Ball St. with a huge arm but no deep accuracy at all. Would probably be with Pryor too. Lots of short high percentage passes which is good for the QB but also good for the receivers because they're running a lot of 5-7 yard routes.

Also, because of all the big-sets it's great for your running game. Frank Gore finished 3rd in MVP voting for me. Rushed for 1800+ yards and 14 TDs and caught 47 balls for over 500 yards and 6 more TDs. Just huge. I play on a pretty tough set of sliders too.

My defense is the issue. 32nd in the NFL. Secondary is so old. Looking to land a stud safety in the 1st round. Next up is the NFC championship against the Redskins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »