Home

Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster...

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster...

People are right about Madden needing to "look" faster. Guys who can run a 4.3s 40 yard dash take about 17 strides. I don't know how many strides they take in Madden, but I'm sure it's off.

Last edited by huskerwr38; 12-09-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I'm playing on Very Slow, and think the game needs slowed down just a little more in order to allow for better passing mechanics / defensive reads.
Seriously? In terms of how the game plays differently on different speeds, that's something Tiburon has to fix - very slow speed is way too slow imo. The animations are a different issue. Variable running strides in this game is way past due, and no excuse not to have that in next year. There's no way in the world we should be having to deal with Randy Moss having the exact same running stride as Brandon Jacobs (and the one running stride they have not looking particularly good) in this age of videogaming.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Seriously? In terms of how the game plays differently on different speeds, that's something Tiburon has to fix - very slow speed is way too slow imo. The animations are a different issue. Variable running strides in this game is way past due, and no excuse not to have that in next year. There's no way in the world we should be having to deal with Randy Moss having the exact same running stride as Brandon Jacobs (and the one running stride they have not looking particularly good) in this age of videogaming.
Slower speeds allow you to enjoy the game / animations more, as well as provide more precise control of your players whether running, (which is why new movement / momentum (locomotion) is needed), passing, catching, defending, or tackling. It's one of the aspects that I really appreciated about APF2K8. Madden 10 'feels' slower IMHO because the line play isn't working right yet, and you don't feel any pressure like you should. Once they get it down, then you'll be able to appreciate the difference in the players and a real blitz, instead of the nano's that must be used now to provide pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Slower speeds allow you to enjoy the game / animations more, as well as provide more precise control of your players whether running, (which is why new movement / momentum (locomotion) is needed), passing, catching, defending, or tackling. It's one of the aspects that I really appreciated about APF2K8. Madden 10 'feels' slower IMHO because the line play isn't working right yet, and you don't feel any pressure like you should. Once they get it down, then you'll be able to appreciate the difference in the players and a real blitz, instead of the nano's that must be used now to provide pressure.
I co-sign this. If you REALLY just stop and look at the computer playing itself, look beyond the teams, the stadiums, graphics, etc. just look at the action on the field and it's obvious that this game needs help badly. It seems like they have different groups working on different elements of a play yet none of them know what the other one is doing. Say what you will but APF2K8 is one smooth mofo on the field. It's funny because APF has it's issues no doubt and when they pop up it's glaringly obvious because it stands out from the relatively smooth gameplay the rest of the time whereas when I'm playing Madden a smooth play stands out because of the relatively brokeness that it plays most of the time.

Was playing a friend last night and saw some nice tackling animations that I commented on, they stood out because most of the time the tackling looks like junk.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
Rookie

Autastic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I co-sign this. If you REALLY just stop and look at the computer playing itself, look beyond the teams, the stadiums, graphics, etc. just look at the action on the field and it's obvious that this game needs help badly. It seems like they have different groups working on different elements of a play yet none of them know what the other one is doing. Say what you will but APF2K8 is one smooth mofo on the field. It's funny because APF has it's issues no doubt and when they pop up it's glaringly obvious because it stands out from the relatively smooth gameplay the rest of the time whereas when I'm playing Madden a smooth play stands out because of the relatively brokeness that it plays most of the time.

Was playing a friend last night and saw some nice tackling animations that I commented on, they stood out because most of the time the tackling looks like junk.
+1 on all this. The speed of the game is the way it is because it has the best balance for the game right now. Also, it seems like some are complaining like they are at a disadvantage or something because of the game play, but on both sides of the ball you are dealing the with same speed
Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldparr
i watched a percy harvin kick return on youtube and thought i was watching a slow motion replay...his legs were moving beyond slow...madden 10 just doesn't look like a fast game...but maybe i'm the only one who thinks the game looks slow..
Its because the running animation in Madden is horrrible, they look like they are jogging.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

I know what you mean. The players don't look as if they're sprinting when you hold the sprint button. They seem to be jogging. I was complaining about this when watching videos of E3.

Madden 10 needs a lot of work in the animation department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 11

It all comes down to the running animations, they don't move their feet at the proper speed relative to how fast they are running, if that makes sense.

Someone doing the "high knees" running animation but covering a lot of ground looks slow, but fix the animation, and he's fast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »