Home

Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster...

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 03:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 11: Players need to "look" faster...

It might be nice for them to have some more varied motion capture from some top players. So you could take running styles and other animations (catching the ball, juke moves, trunking) of AP, DeSean Jackson and Chris Johnson. Possibly in similar way they do with QB animations.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:30 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem might be the limited space EA uses while doing their motion capture. If you've ever seen any of the videos of the mocap, the area looks a little too small.

However (I guess I'm debunking my own theory here, lol) I think you CAN get a good sprint animation in a confined area. The current running animations in the game dont look like sprint animations.

They should instruct the mocap actor to sprint, and record THAT animation.

Speaking of animations, I wonder whatever happened to the RB injury animations. Anyone else remember those? The animation where the RB would start limping after the snap. I recall the devs showing us those mocap videos a while before release, but I haven't actually had it happen in game.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #19
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the problem might be the limited space EA uses while doing their motion capture. If you've ever seen any of the videos of the mocap, the area looks a little too small.

However (I guess I'm debunking my own theory here, lol) I think you CAN get a good sprint animation in a confined area. The current running animations in the game dont look like sprint animations.

They should instruct the mocap actor to sprint, and record THAT animation.

Speaking of animations, I wonder whatever happened to the RB injury animations. Anyone else remember those? The animation where the RB would start limping after the snap. I recall the devs showing us those mocap videos a while before release, but I haven't actually had it happen in game.
I remember creating a whole thread on this a while back and it was quickly taken over by people arguing about whether or not players had a proper lean when they're running.

I still think the running animation is a function of guys not being able to hit their top speed in full stride in that confined room. Sure you can run hard and fast very quickly (like a 40-yard Dash,) but players on the field aren't running dashes or sprints... they're either gradually building up to their top speed, or running with patience to find the lane before they turn on the jets. That doesn't happen in Madden. Everyone in Madden looks like they're running on a treadmill, and the actual animation in the game looks like it's some sort of looped or repeating animation to try to simulate a player running a long distance.

What we need is EA to mo-cap someone actually running a long distance so we can have all phases of the run in the game.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
What we need is EA to mo-cap someone actually running a long distance so we can have all phases of the run in the game.
+1 and to add to that, they need to differentiate animations for diff types of running at each position. say 4-5 diff types per postion (linemen, rb's, lb's, cb's/fs/ss). if they did this, there would be alot more variety and look alot less generic. funny thing is that they had all of this on the freaking ps2 like 3-4 yrs ago.

and they def need to get all phases of the run, accel, and decel. right now in madden, ur either running or your hauling arse. there is no in between like it should be. when u hit turbo, it should be a visual cue that the guy is ramping up to get to top speed. right now he just takes off instantly with the next foot that hits the pavement. this would make the accel rating actually mean something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »