Home

Old 12-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Could ratings fix stats?

I'd be worried that if you drop their awareness, it would affect other areas of their game, like blitz pickups and running option routes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Coaching sliders work. The key for rushing stats is the RB1/RB2 slider.

No team should have this above 70/30. Backs like AP and Mike Turner should be on 70/30. Two back systems/multi back systems should be put on 40/60. Everybody else in between, depending on their RB situation.

And if your skeptical about coaching sliders working, put the run/pass for every team on 100 for one season, and you will see multiple QB's go close to 6000 yards.
I have no doubt coaching sliders work for increasing/decreasing rushing yards and passing yards, that's not the issue here however.

The issue is rushing averages and sacks. You know a way to fix those with coaching sliders I would love to know.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'd be worried that if you drop their awareness, it would affect other areas of their game, like blitz pickups and running option routes
True, but how good are these guys at picking up blitz's anyways? I really don't know. Besides, I would trade accurate stats over my rb missing some blocks any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #12
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes
I have no doubt coaching sliders work for increasing/decreasing rushing yards and passing yards, that's not the issue here however.

The issue is rushing averages and sacks. You know a way to fix those with coaching sliders I would love to know.
I've tried and you can't. The only thing you can do is lower the amount of attempts elite RB's get, so that you don't get 3 going over 2000 yards every year.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

from the few seasons i have simmed its the "power" backs that are getting the insane #s. i just notice this while i have been tinkering with the coach sliders. i know lowering str would help with the #s cuz they r to high anyways. im on my way to work right now so i cant test, but i think lowering every hb str by 10% would work out well.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Eyes

if u want to help me, i have a post on the slider section where im trying to get a team together to test to see what the aggr and def run/pass slider does. check it out
Old 12-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 15

What about adjusting the sliders and up the run defense, lower the run blocking, and up the pass blocking so it tones down the stats a bit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRIPP81
from the few seasons i have simmed its the "power" backs that are getting the insane #s. i just notice this while i have been tinkering with the coach sliders. i know lowering str would help with the #s cuz they r to high anyways. im on my way to work right now so i cant test, but i think lowering every hb str by 10% would work out well.
Your right, it is the strength and trucking that is playing the biggest impact. I could see this right out the bat when I bought the game, backs like sproles and brian westbrook were averaging like 1.7-3.0 yds per carry every time because they have no strength or trucking skills.

The rushing averages are fixable through editing ratings; though this is really not a fix because you cant edit players after you start your chise, so once you start season 2 and beyond the problems will arise again with with the new guys you draft and the progression that takes place.

And there basically is no fix for sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »