Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #73
Rookie

mkeller25's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Some people say stuff is fixed. Some people say nothing is fixed.

Which is it? I am work and cannot see for myself. Its gonna be a long afternoon.
Dude I totally feel your pain. I can't even work I'm just sitting here looking at peoples impressions of the patch. I think its pretty clear that the flats abuse has been fixed which makes me VERY happy. I hope lineman run block better etc etc but I'm not counting on it. My guess is when I run an ISO, my center will still get absolutely walked over by the DT and I will get blown up for no gain 99% of the time.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #74
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

for me every gameplay aspect seems fine other than line play one play my line blocks well tackle seals guards and fullbacks take on their blocks other times not. overall it really depends on what you want or how you chose to enjoy the game
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #75
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Thumbs up Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

I think the end of the half AI has been improved. VY couldn't find anyone open and instead of forcing it on 4th he tried running for the 1st. Though he was DENIED!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #76
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

just played a game online flats play def alot better depends on the match up brian cushing stopped leon washington for a no gain on not a swig but the angle route out of the back field multiple times so i like the way the flats are played

twice on cover 2 to i tried to hit a quick dump to the slot in the flatts the corner was there to make break it up. i swear the drags where also coverd alot better in zone witch i liked

yea outside running game blocking seemed better i got the corner a few times sense the guy tryed to stack his backers in the box to mess up the blocking AI i switch to a outside run and was able to gain 4 yards atleast a pop

i like the patch
Old 12-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #77
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

I played about and hour or two before I had to roll to work, IMHO its a solid patch, not perfect but makes Madden 09 a very good game.

I noticed better O-Line play but I also think that everyones expirence will be varied is due to sliders and plays styles.

I like that the flats are not a cheese spot and the defense takes much better angles to tackle.

Green Seahawks Uni's are sweet, gotta love it as well as the other small graphics. Also noticed a cut-scene for my Lions I had never seen, talking about the new coach and some other stuff which I liked.

I played as a 3-4 team and was able to get pressure and realistic basis with OLB's, but it may be my sliders

All in all the game feels pretty complete for this cycle of Madden, I'd love some huge changes next year and a totally re-vamped franchise but I know feel that I've gotten my $60.00 value out of Madden and didn't feel that way prior to patch # 2
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #78
Rookie

mkeller25's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow the angle route is covered now... I don't believe that, lol. I mean I hope its true but that route has been unstoppable for 3 years running.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #79
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

I do think the game is much smoother now, and cut scenes are better.

There do seem to be slightly more replays, but I am still yet to see one after a TD. There's no reason for it to be that way; it makes no sense.

TD always triggers reply. How hard would that be to put in the code?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 15

Played my first regular season game as the Redskins but also controlling all 32 teams and going by the sliders here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html

Giants beat me 29-14. The Giants sacked me 6 times, and I'm playing coach mode where I'm not actually controlling the players. Jason Campbell looked completely lost most of the time but he held onto the ball and got sacked.

I let my defense play and didn't touch the controller on anyone and Andre Carter sacked Eli twice, and London Fletcher got 9 tackles!!

I AM IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW. Also there were no interceptions the entire game. I was so sick of seeing lobbed balls and getting picked. It does not happen anymore folks.

This is awesome now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »