Home

Why did the prevent play position changes?

This is a discussion on Why did the prevent play position changes? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Why did the prevent play position changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
wasnt it always like that, you need enough of a certain postion to change a guy from that position?
No
Old 12-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

yeah i agree...You should just have General position requirements....Like just OL...RB...DL...LB's.. DB's etc. Most teams these days dont even carry a FB, but madden says you always need 1....
Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
Exactly.

If I have 2 LT and 2 RT I can't swap one of the LT and one of the RT because it says you have too few player at that position.

So, you wind up with an extra guy or two on your team that you use to move to whatever position you want to swap out.

CB, not the depth chart, player management screen.
for precisely this reason, i have a full (55 man or something like that) roster. i'll always have an extra corner, wideout, qb, ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

main reason they did was cuz of cheese. if u played ncaa09, u had to put up with online dynasty users changing guys positions to cheese. fast hb's to fb's to cheese the fb dives. hb's to qb's and strictly running. wr's to hb's to use em to cheese the flats. hb's to te's or wr's to te's to exploit speed at the position. corners playing ends.....uhhhh....all the bad memories of running an OD and having to check everyones depth charts for this madness!! thank god its gone honestly. however in offline, i feel we should be able to do whatever we want.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Cheese, cheese, cheese

We offline gamers shouldn't have to deal with whatever online gamers do.

And if ratings mattered more, you couldn't do that stuff and be successful...but that's a different issue

Anyway, I agree - EA needs online rules and leave the offline game alone.

That and if they insist on having "positions" as being attached to the player himself (instead of where the player actually plays) then at least group up the "Left/Right" positions. If the game isn't going to reflect that tackles changing sides of the o-line impacts their play, then they should just regard them all as "Tackles" and forget the L/R stuff. Same with LBs...Make it ILB and OLB, not Left/Middle/Right...and DE, not "RE or LE"
Old 12-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And if ratings mattered more, you couldn't do that stuff and be successful...but that's a different issue
u hit that nail on the mf'n head!!! cant stress that enough. i also totally agree with grouping up positions that are normally swapped around too. im tired of the whole RG/LG, LT/RT, ROLB/MLB/LOLB depth charts. they at least did make guys ratings change based on what side they were on tho.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

dont know either
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »