Home

Franchise trade: am i ripping off the bucs?

This is a discussion on Franchise trade: am i ripping off the bucs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Franchise trade: am i ripping off the bucs?

I'm about to begin my 32 Team Controlled Packer franchise and i don't see Aaron Kampman in my future so i have converted him back to his natural position on the D Line.

I've looked though the leages rosters to see who could use a pass rusher and The Bucs seem to be the most likely trading partner.

I have done most, if not all of 2010 draft pick trades that occured from the off season till now so the bucs have that extra 2nd round pick from Chicago plus good O line Depth, Weak DT's and Weak DE's

so i'm thinking

Aaron Kampman 99Ovr 29Yrs old 1 year on contract - A Potential
5th round pick

for

RG Aaron Spears 81Ovr 24yrs old 2 years on contract - B Pot
TB 2nd round Pick
TB 4th round Pick

Fair?
Old 12-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise trade: am i ripping off the bucs?

fairness is in the ey of teh beholdr imo

i dont think u r but some1 else might
Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd drop the 5th round pick you're giving up and the 4th rounder they are giving you, and after the trade make sure the Bucs sign Kampman to an extension
Old 12-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

IMHO...not a very "sim" trade, but it your game

I just don't see Gb trading Kampman, but suppose he and the Front Office has a falling out...

Tampa Bay wouldn't trade young talent away for an aging player who's switch postions again and iirc Kampman has never player in Tampa2 Defense. I also don't think he would garner more than a 3rd rounder from a team that is rebuilding with youth and values their draft picks dearly...again this is just imo

I would say maybe look at the Browns, who run a 3-4 and need a lot of help from an edge rusher OLB, and Kampman would be a solid vet for them. I would think a 3rd round pick would be fair imo
Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

Oh yea, just becuz his rating is 99, doesn't make it fair the rating system is really jacked up when converting OLB's to DE's

So throw that out the window and try to see things from the other teams point of view

A young and talented G is a big plus for a young QB and Bucs drafted Freeman, why would they give up his protection for an aging vet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phennixx
Oh yea, just becuz his rating is 99, doesn't make it fair the rating system is really jacked up when converting OLB's to DE's
So throw that out the window and try to see things from the other teams point of view

A young and talented G is a big plus for a young QB and Bucs drafted Freeman, why would they give up his protection for an aging vet

Like i said..they have depth at OL
their oline is as follows

LT LG
D.Penn 85ovr B pot J.Zuttah 83ovr A Pot
S.Murphy 77ovr B Pot

C
J.Faine 87 ovr B Pot

RG RT
D.Joseph 90Ovr A pot J.Trueblood 74 Ovr Bot
A.Spears 81Ovr. B Pot

and i feel the 99Ovr DE is valid because kampman was originally a DE and a damn good one. not saying you're wrong just giving my pov.
it's not like i took a 70 ovr LB and made him a 99 DE, he was an 89 to begin with.

Last edited by PlatooN; 12-10-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

You have vaild points, and these questions are really subjective to your presonal opinions...and atleast your trying to be fair. My cousin robs every team for draft picks by trading old player to scrub teams...not my bag but he paid for it, so do as you like

I had similar dilemma with my Lions, after 3-13 season had 3rd pick but want to move up to #1 to grab DT Ndamukong Suh, but I didn't want to rip-off the Browns...

I offered the #3 pick, # 67 pick and 2011 2nd rounder....

I ended up not making the trade as I don't see the Browns passing on N.Suh and I don't want to put up all that money for two #1 picks on consecutive years...but that just how I am in my chise to each his own
Old 12-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

I think thats more than fair! Look at what the Vikes gave to get Allen. I think the Bucs are getting a good deal to get a big playmaker. Plus they are desperate to get decent D-line players so if they were offered this in real life they'd jump on it with out a second thought!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »