Home

Patch 2 breaks wildcat.

This is a discussion on Patch 2 breaks wildcat. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #25
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Patch 2 breaks wildcat.

It doesn't matter, as long as they show it, that means they have it in their playbook. You guys fail to realize that almost every team is going to utilize the wildcat offense in the future. It's too hard to stop for defenses if ran correctly. Don't act like you know football just because your good at Madden guys. I'm actually a coaching minor in college and know my fair share. The wildcat offense is in EVERY teams playbook. Every team practices it but it's just some teams don't use it because they don't need it. It's a back up plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #26
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
95% of the league runs the wildcat??

Only 1 team runs the wildcat all that well, and are serious about it.

The rest of the league does it as a gimmick
Yeah, but they still run it.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Why won't EA just fix the defensive AI and then they wouldn't have to cripple anything?

Did EA not realize their own AI can't handle the Wildcat?

Does EA not realize the problem is their AI? Why do they figure out these way to cripple a play/formation instead of fixing the AI which is what allows the "cheese" in the first place?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 17

If you think Philadelphias O is anemic...i need to have whatever you been smoking....Philly is one of the most exciting and big play offenses in the NFL...Desean Jackson alone has 6 receptions of 40 yards or over....phillys use of the wildcat, isnt the real wildcat
Old 12-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I ran a play today and it felt off, like someone didn't do what they were supposed to do, lol. It was so strange that I thought I just picked the wrong play. But reading this, it makes sense. I called a jet sweep and my guy behind center kept the ball. I was a bit surprised.

It's certainly a bummer, as I use MIA in my OF, but I can live with it given the other fixes.

As someone who uses MIA and has watched and studied their use of the formation, I would like it to be more robust in M11. I don't want to not be able to scramble. And I don't want to not be able to audible out. I get the rationale, but it's like having a broken toy if you can't do certain things with it.

Helpful thread . . . I had been scratching my head about that playcall for a bit .
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yep, wildcat is worthless.

With the jet sweep the player taking the snap does this weird juke move before you get control. It makes it impossible to throw the ball if they're blitzing. I ran it a couple times against a guy who sent an 11 man blitz. The TE was wide open and i was spamming the button to throw to him but could never get it off in time. It wasn't even close really. The blitzers get there half way through the new animation. The wildcat plays in my playbook are all pretty much worthless now.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickysantoro360
Jet sweep no longer hands off and has a goofy animation that appears intermittently on other WC plays where the HB keeps it, usually when someone other than the primary ballcarrier in the depth chart takes and keeps the snap (using either formation subs or manual sub)
Is this NickySantoro of the original xbox.com NFL2k forums???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Is this NickySantoro of the original xbox.com NFL2k forums???
Why yes, yes it is.

-Santoro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »