Home

Will there be one more patch for Madden 10 this year?

This is a discussion on Will there be one more patch for Madden 10 this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Will there be one more patch for Madden 10 this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
My hope is with this foundational Madden, the devs will be able to improve on the model. I think communication with users, such as through OP, has undoubtedly been extraordinarily helpful. The game is incredibly fun this year. I'm already encouraged, just considering what will come with Madden 11.

I agree - and it would be nice to take a foundation approach. Hopefully, they don't take stuff out, but refine it, tweak what went wrong, and make it better.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
So sorry, buddy, but that's it. Two patches have become the standard. The game is at it is. And really, it's a darn good game.
agreed, although ncaa10 i heard got 3 patches this yr. im fine with where the game is. ive been one of the rare guys who acknowledges it wasnt perfect and needing things fixed at release, but was actually having fun with it and never had a prob enjoying multiple franchises including one almost to yr 5.

but id be lying if i didnt believe this game should get 3 patches and something done to Ofranch to make it actually better since they toted this whole "server side fixes is easy" routine and didnt deliver at all. plus i mean lets get real, this is supposed to be their flagship title. theyre now being outshined in quality and attention by fifa 10, nba live 10, nhl10, fight night.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

probably will be 1 more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I agree - and it would be nice to take a foundation approach. Hopefully, they don't take stuff out, but refine it, tweak what went wrong, and make it better.
A foundation approach - what do people think Madden 10 was?

The devs and producers can't fit a new engine, gameplay style, etc... within 1 year into a game, and a foundational approach is the only logical, efficient way to do it. That is the one of the primary reasons so many errors occurred with Madden 10, and I'm rather excited to see what comes in Madden 11.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

What they need to do is put what they currrently have in Madden 10 (fix the issues that are so obvious), put every aspect of NFL Head Coach 09 in, and then make Madden 11.

Madden 11 needs to be a FIXED Madden 10 + NFLHC09 + new commentary duo, and only then will we have a superstar football game.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 21

Don't Microsoft and Sony put a max on the number of patches one game can have so developers can't take advantage of it, i.e issue a shoddy product out of the box and just make a bunch of fixes to it over time...

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 12-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

For as long as the 2nd patch took, I highly doubt they come out with another one, even with glaring issues still in the game.

I think this is what we get untill 11, which hopefully improves drastically on some things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Overall.. The game is alright, but just alright... It doesn't feel all shinny and new as they said was going to, but it worked pretty good... What this game felt like was NCAA '09 juiced up a bit... When they said a new engine, I don't think it meant new "brand new", just a new engine to this series of games... Which is why a lot of the old animations are still around, a lot of the AI flaws are still around, AND why they can't get the sideline AI working properly... Because NCAA rules state that you only need one foot instead of two, which makes a world of difference.

Honnestly, I think that the folks at Backbreaker simply want to sell their engine and make a ton of cash, but EA doesn't feel the need to expand anything past what they've got... And so far, with the sales numbers, they're right...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »