Home

CPU Trades in Franchise

This is a discussion on CPU Trades in Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: CPU Trades in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
I didn't know that you could get any trade to go through.
Yep, #1 reason why I don't like controlling all teams.

That said, using the meter as a guide is as good an idea as any.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Just use good judgement, if a team is bad have them trade away older players for later draft picks to teams that are contenders for the playoffs.

I have some teams only draft what the CPU gives them (mainly the really good ones) and draft for the other teams until the late second round when I sim the rest.

You also need to overdraft OTs and QBs even if you know they won't be 70+ as a rookie. In Madden, Freeman would have been available in the 2nd-3rd round and IRL the Bucs had to get him in the 1st before anyone else did.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

I would love to see the CPU make trades between 2 CPU teams, offer me trades, and for the "Draft Pick Value Chart" (DPVC) to be implimented by EA for all draft pick trades - but that would mean expanding the number of players/picks you can trade at once - and why not?

Dallas traded;

H. Walker
3rd 1990
5th 1990
10th 1990

and received;
5 players and 8 draft picks
(3 1st, 3 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 6th)

The results for Dallas was 3 rings due to E. Smith, Darren Woodson, Alvin Harper, and less directly Russell Maryland - all acquired in some way due to the H. Walker trade!

Jimmie Johnson also came up with the DPVC which is nearly universally used in the NFL to determine what picks are worth and by assigning them a point value you can determine what picks a team has that would equal a pick that they wish to trade you for.

I don't see why EA would have a hard time using this to program draft trade logic - the DPVC is on the web for anyone to see! It isn't like it is protected by copyright laws!

Anyways, I think it would be a good starting point for making CPU trades more realistic and having it based on a "point" system would allow them to add a "slider" to make trades easier or harder to pull off!!!

I am not going to go through it here, but I even have a system that (while it isn't perfect) would allow EA to determine a player's value in points based on position, Potential, age, OVR and some minor adjustments for "AWARDS" earned - thus allowing them to match up players to the DPVC and each other to determine what would have to be traded to acquire a player!!! Again I think a system like that would allow for a slider that would give the user some control over how "stingy" or "stupid" the CPU is in trades!!!

I am willing to share the basics or even details with anyone, but it would take a long time to write out here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #12
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I doubt we ever see another trade like that again. Wasn't that before the salary cap?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 13

Yep, but we have seen teams trade lots of picks to move up in the draft post free agency.

I mean you are right, the chances are we won't ever see that big of a deal go down with any big name guys, but I could see a team sending several second tier players and a couple picks to move way up in the draft, or even a team looking to slide down trading a 1 and a few players for a player and 4 or 5 picks.

Some team last year had 13 picks going into the draft, so why not open the trades up a little bit, I am not talking about going to the extreme of the Walker deal, but 3 for 3 is so PS1!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:38 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Some team last year had 13 picks going into the draft, so why not open the trades up a little bit, I am not talking about going to the extreme of the Walker deal, but 3 for 3 is so PS1!!!!
Heck, the Browns have 11 picks.

Evidently, they didn't get the memo that you can only have 10 picks.

Oh wait...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

some good ideas here. ea just needs to get the CPU to offer trades and have some randomly generated ones too.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »