Home

Could ratings fix stats?

This is a discussion on Could ratings fix stats? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

OVR: 1
Could ratings fix stats?

Hey hey,
So I was thinking, the big issues seem to be rb stats and sacks totals....I'm wondering if editing the ratings of those players would fix some of the problems. It could be changing one specific rating, or could involve lowering a player's overall rating. It may not be perfect, but it might make the stats a little more realistic.

(I'd test it myself, but I have a 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Rookie

cwinnbari's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Could ratings fix stats?

In a very sloppy effort I played with some RB ratings... Excluding Turner who I missed during editing, my highest rusher was AP at 2100 yds. Most of the YPCs in the top 10 rushers were between 4.9 and 6.0 YPC (besides Perterson who was a 6.6)... The only other high YPC guy was Lynch who I didn't edit... All I did was edit any RB over 93 and drop their awareness and some other minor stats like strength... Still needs a lot of tooling, but considering I didn't have anyone over 7 I was pleased... I'll try to mess with the DL ratings to see if they can help the sack issues
Old 12-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

thats a good idea i will try to change the ratings and then post season stats.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I gave it a shot with trucking, ball carrier vision and elusiveness. I dropped each one by 20 points just to see what happened and it dropped the top rushers down significantly. I was wondering which ratings have a noticeable effect in played games. I played a couple games with the lowered RBs and they didn't seem to have a problem running, but I would like them to perform relative to how good they are when I play instead of sim.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

i under stand the concept, but this is such an insane thing for us to be resorting to. it blows my mind
Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

After messing around with the coaching sliders and having no luck with the sim rushing averages I decided to give this a try. By lowering APs awareness and strength about 15 points each, which made him a 90 overall I was able to get outstanding results.

352 1714 13 4.8 were his numbers for the year.

363 1760 10 4.8 those were his numbers in 2008.

As you can see spot on with the average per carry. BTW the Vikings also went 13-3 so it had little affect on there season.

Im thinking of tuning the league where the top guy is around 90 and your less skilled but still adequate backs ( williams with the bucs, lynch, slaton, among others) around 75 ish.

The big problem is that what do you do with rookies? Can't edit there numbers....
Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

And then there's the sacks...averaging around 50 guys with double digit sacks a year. That's insanely high. I wouldn't even know where to began with editing, the amount of players involved it would just take so much time. Just about anyone can hit the mark.

I'm pretty sure you can get these down by lowering the passing attempts, which in turn would increase the rb carries, so you would have to compensate by increasing the amount of rb 2 carries.

Basically that's the only idea I see.

Double digit sacks per year in NFL:
2008-12
2007-16
2006-18
2005-16
2004-17
Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Coaching sliders work. The key for rushing stats is the RB1/RB2 slider.

No team should have this above 70/30. Backs like AP and Mike Turner should be on 70/30. Two back systems/multi back systems should be put on 40/60. Everybody else in between, depending on their RB situation.

And if your skeptical about coaching sliders working, put the run/pass for every team on 100 for one season, and you will see multiple QB's go close to 6000 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »