Home

Time to do the impossible...2009-2010 version

This is a discussion on Time to do the impossible...2009-2010 version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Time to do the impossible...2009-2010 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I'm controlling each team in my franchise and I started playing every game. (6 games so far) I did this 2 years ago and it took me from November-April to finish. I'm pretty much going to play as the team that won in real life, with the exception of always playing as the Cowboys because they are my favorite team. It will be interesting to compare the results of Madden to the NFL...Has anyone else done this before? I get bored with playing just one team in franchise and it's a lot more fun to play with every team.
I try this myself.Its awesome using all the teams.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I do stuff like that picking maybe like 5-10 teams. i usually pick some good and bad teams. and it is sort of the same idea as the OP was saying, only its not nearly as many games.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

I have never actually played the games out, but I used to keep a Madden franchise where I would sim every individual game after each week in the NFL to get the right teams to win. Sometimes I would have to sim the same game like 50 times for the right team to win and I even "cheated" a few times by taking starters out of a higher rated teams' depth chart to make them lose.

I used to do this because after the draft every year the interest in Madden jumps back to early NFL season levels amongst my friends and I would use NCAA classes to get most teams close to who they really drafted - never was perfect but it always made playing games right after the draft really fun.

I always thought it would be cool if EA would release a "post draft" imported draft class that mirrored how the draft just went down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

This may be a dumb question but here goes anyway. If you are controlling every team, how do you play the games? Do you just randomly assign one team to the CPU each game of each week?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
This may be a dumb question but here goes anyway. If you are controlling every team, how do you play the games? Do you just randomly assign one team to the CPU each game of each week?
He said he chooses the team who won in real life as the team he controls...he just goes down the list each week and plays every single game...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would never have time to play "all" the games. I typically sim some of the games each year even when only using one team. I have ventured as far as to take control of one AFC and one NFC team recently but I might have played 8 games for each team during the season.

I was thinking of taking that a step further to either controlling 2 teams per conference for a total of 4. I am even tempted to control one team per each division for a total of 8 user teams. But of course I would have no intention of playing all the games for each team in either scenario.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »