Home

wr by sideline?

This is a discussion on wr by sideline? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
wr by sideline?

Is the wr by sideline fixed as far as them catching the ball and dragging there feet. Seems like they kind of just go out ofbounds and still incomplete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: wr by sideline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz1979
Is the wr by sideline fixed as far as them catching the ball and dragging there feet. Seems like they kind of just go out ofbounds and still incomplete.
Nope it's not fixed. In fact it's worse because I don't remember catches near the sideline with both feet inbounds called incomplete before. It happens now, and it's not good.

I've had SEVERAL passes thrown to a receiver on an out, and through instant replay it's CLEAR both his feet touch inbounds, but then it gets called incomplete.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Nope it's not fixed. In fact it's worse because I don't remember catches near the sideline with both feet inbounds called incomplete before. It happens now, and it's not good.

I've had SEVERAL passes thrown to a receiver on an out, and through instant replay it's CLEAR both his feet touch inbounds, but then it gets called incomplete.
If it's in the game, IT'S IN THE GAME!!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I've thrown passes to the sideline post patch in which its been called complete. I've thrown passes to the sidelines where both feet are in bounds and its ruled incomplete. I just chalk the incomplete passes up to the receiver bobbling the ball.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

If you want to see receivers draggin their toes at the sideline, play NCAA football!

This was in ncaa 09! How can Madden 10 have no concept of sideline play? Why are all out routes off limits?

Its either picked off or receiver catches it out of bounds. Its borderline ridiculous.

ITs just rolling dice to see if you ever complete a deep out or a quick out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
If you want to see receivers draggin their toes at the sideline, play NCAA football!

This was in ncaa 09! How can Madden 10 have no concept of sideline play? Why are all out routes off limits?

Its either picked off or receiver catches it out of bounds. Its borderline ridiculous.

ITs just rolling dice to see if you ever complete a deep out or a quick out.
+1

I've been saying the same thing this whole time... I'd rather have the guys toe drag early and falling over inbounds, then running full blast to the sidelines and not making the catch... This is BASIC football here. Guys run these kinds of plays in high school football... Fundamentals of the game state #1. Make the catch, #2. Secure the ball, #3. If POSSIBLE advance the ball... Not advance the ball, make catch and secure ball... Terrible. And it's almost like the Madden engine is now running on the NCAA engine but with NFL rules... You could only get one foot in bounds in NCAA and the catch be good, but not here... It's the only explination I have for this poor and repeated AI year after year...
Old 12-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Pro

throw a dep route it be picked off etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »