Home

the ps2 developers should take over madden for the 360, wat do u think?

This is a discussion on the ps2 developers should take over madden for the 360, wat do u think? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: the ps2 developers should take over madden for the 360, wat do u think?

IMO. I think they should port the gameplay and animations over from PS2. It had and still has better gameplay than the 360/PS3 version. Also they do add new game modes and stuff that the 360/PS3 version has plus more. They should just keep the nxt gen graphics tho. Im not bashing. Im all change, but to me, the PS2 version just plays better. Maybe they could go look at the programming.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 AM   #18
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'll take the devs we have now since the Senior Producer of the 360/PS3 version,Phil Frazier, was the one who made the PS2 version what it is today. Lets face it, the PS2 version has been basically the same game since '05 and that development team was led by..you guessed it, Phil Frazier.

360/PS3 dev team is just fine.
Yeah, not only Phil Frazier worked on the Madden Xbox/PS2 versions, but also Ian, Donny, and Josh. Most of the current team worked on prior versions. I highly disagree that the developers are the problem that most people have with Madden.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Yeah, not only Phil Frazier worked on the Madden Xbox/PS2 versions, but also Ian, Donny, and Josh. Most of the current team worked on prior versions. I highly disagree that the developers are the problem that most people have with Madden.
Kind of true, and they joined around madden 05 when things started going missing in the game, and the gimmicks started, but the game basically played off the same engine from madden 01, b4 they joined the team. So the game play wasnt effected much. I would just like them to port the PS2 engine over and work from there. The nxt gen engine is just causing to many problems.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I don't think developers are going to fix Madden. At this point the game needs an enema so all the crap in it can be flushed away. It needs a rewrite from the ground up on nearly every core aspect of the game (movement, passing, line play, zone play, man coverage, just down right everything). Sorry if I sound frustrated, but I just finished playing some games working on the NFL Simulation Sliders, and I can't even begin to explain my level of frustration with the passing mechanics in the game which are utterly flawed from the passing motion, to the timing, to the arc of the pass, and most importantly, to the consistency of the throw. The design of Madden's passing mechanics is simply fundamentally unsound. Ok... I'm going to step away from my keyboard from a bit, and maybe come back later when I'm not as frustrated with the game and blog on it.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivickolous
the ps2 gameplay for madden is better than the 360 gameplay for madden
No it's not.... at all.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 AM   #22
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Gah...

The PS2 version hasn't changed since 06, and the guys who were in charge of that version are the guys who took over the 360 version starting for Madden 10.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

This dev team is fine, they have excellent ideas. It's just that they (the ideas) are implemented and executed not very well.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #24
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

The PS2 version hasn't changed since 06, and the guys who were in charge of that version are the guys who took over the 360 version starting for Madden 10.
This.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »