Home

Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: A.I. Blitzing question.

my only problem is that i still sometime see the all out blitz aka engage 8 in instances that just don't make sense to me. specifically, i still see it sometimes on 3rd and long. why would you leave the TE or slot receiver wide open and almost 100% guaranteed to get a first down on 3rd and long? it just doesn't make sense at all and sometimes makes the game easier b/c you'll get that first down a lot easier and keep a drive alive. not the end of the world, but the logic could be worked on.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
playing on All-Madden, Hardcore playcalling, and post patch #2, I don't see the cpu send all out blitzes or blitz and leave themselves vulnerable on every single passing down.

Playing the Texans last night and it was fun in the 2nd half of that game trying to decipher where the blitz was coming, if at all in passing situations. They blitzed corners, a corner and a LB, walked a safety up and blitzed him, zone blitzed, and they showed blitz but did not send it thus causing me to hot route a guy or two to routes that were easily covered by the defense they called.

Very much enjoying how the cpu mixes up his coverages, blitzes, and overall defensive scheme/playcalling since the 2nd patch.

CB, do u really think hardcore offers a better play calling from the ai?
Thats exactly my problem, its not that they blitz but when and how, they send 8 and its like just an easy button press and its first down
Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Thats exactly my problem, its not that they blitz but when and how, they send 8 and its like just an easy button press and its first down
Yes I do. Try it out and see if you get better results than you are now.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
my point exactly. i use hardcore and still see it. i can't say for sure whether or not i see it less post patch b/c i haven't really played any quick games. but i still see it from time to time even when adjusting the coaching profiles. i really don't think it's as bad though. call it placebo or whatever you want but it isn't in my opinion. it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation from EA though on this.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I quickly learned that third down playaction was a negative against the cpu ai.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I've recently switched to hardcore play calling, and after 5 games, I can't tell the difference. The CPU still sellout blitz(engage eight, double corner) at the same rate. I call placebo.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well i switched to hardcore and honestly cant tell the difference either but i did increase the pass reaction slider and i did notice an improvement. Now I dont know if its directly related bc some more testing needs to be done it was only for a half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 13

I think that, fixed or not, the "sell-out" blitzes need removed to prevent stupidity in the CPU play calling, I mean it is not like the user would really miss those plays as you could just call a safety blitz and then do the LB audible where you blitz all the LBs!

Seems like an easy fix to me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »