Home

Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: A.I. Blitzing question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I think that, fixed or not, the "sell-out" blitzes need removed to prevent stupidity in the CPU play calling

Agreed.

Put a better, more diverse/subtle play in there where ever Engage 8 is.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think this game is great but it still shows one glaring problem. The devs dont know football, no this is not a knock on EA bc after this patch this game is great. Football is a game of details and thats the one part they are missing. If they just put some effort into the playbook and the A.I. man this game would awesome, hopefully they will put some emphasis on this in M11.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
I've recently switched to hardcore play calling, and after 5 games, I can't tell the difference. The CPU still sellout blitz(engage eight, double corner) at the same rate. I call placebo.
This has been brought up several times now. Playcalling only affects your menus and what you can do at the line of scrimmage. Basically tuning the controls for the player. I use Beginner simply to make the game more challenging because the play calling is horrible by the CPU. If you use the 'Ask Madden' feature (which is probably the same thing the CPU is utilizing under the covers) you will see your Madden IQ fluctuate anywhere from 400 to 520 where as if you are calling the plays you can get it to around 700 pretty much just by calling the appropriate package sets and punting/kicking in appropriate situations.

Playing in Beginner mode on play calling doesn't allow you to audible, and it forces you to use bad play calls, just like the AI is using which sucks at times. It removes the strategy element from the game, but makes the action portion of it far more challenging because a plays success becomes far more critical. Another side effect of Beginner mode is the games go much, much faster. A game literally takes 2x as long when you are going through the plays and then adjusting everything at the line of scrimmage. I can play a 15 minute game with 25 second runoffs in roughly 35 to 45 minutes (max), which gives me between 110 and 125 plays and some fairly realistic statistics.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #20
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
I've recently switched to hardcore play calling, and after 5 games, I can't tell the difference. The CPU still sellout blitz(engage eight, double corner) at the same rate. I call placebo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
Well i switched to hardcore and honestly cant tell the difference either but i did increase the pass reaction slider and i did notice an improvement. Now I dont know if its directly related bc some more testing needs to be done it was only for a half.
I played the Giants last night and only once did they sell out blitz with zero coverage. A few times they showed blitz and brought no one. Other times they showed blitz, brought a LB and S and had linemen drop into coverage.

I don't know the rate at which you are seeing sell out blitzes, but its not at a rate that I would consider extreme.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 12-15-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #21
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't know how many sellout blitzes they throw at me, but I do know that at least 4 times a game, I find myself throwing from a 1 step drop because my tight end/slot receiver has been left completely uncovered by an engage eight like call.

Like a lot of things this year, it's not a game breaker, but it's pretty annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #22
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I wish I had at least 4 opportunities each game to get a "free" completion. My Raiders' offense could use all the help we can get. LOL

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I think that, fixed or not, the "sell-out" blitzes need removed to prevent stupidity in the CPU play calling, I mean it is not like the user would really miss those plays as you could just call a safety blitz and then do the LB audible where you blitz all the LBs!

Seems like an easy fix to me!
I don't like that idea. Teams bring the house in real life; that defensive call should exist in madden. The problem is the faulty AI. That's what needs to be fixed. Teams "sell-out" in real life in certian sitations; I don't want to have to resort audibling all the linebackers and the strong safety to blitz if I want to bring the house.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wish I had at least 4 opportunities each game to get a "free" completion. My Raiders' offense could use all the help we can get. LOL

Heh I got a "free" touchdown because of this in a game last night - they brought 7, I was in shotgun, left my TE wide open - easy TD.

I get a lot of completions to the TE that way because the blitzing like that. If they left the MLB back there, they might have a chance as I'd have to wait until the TE crosses him or beats him if man coverage. But when the whole second level is gone and I'm throwing quick routes...yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »