Home

Old 12-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
A.I. Blitzing question.

I have a question for people who play on All-Madden or above. Do you notice that the A.I. sends all blitzes a lot? I notice that some people are saying its been toned down while others say its the same. I have a theory that it involves coaching and personnel. I played the Rams the other day and they barely blitzed, and made pretty good play calling decisions. Yet i played teams like the steelers with a good coaching rating and better personnel and they blitzed more often and sent more people. Just wondering if maybe the better the skill level better the play calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: A.I. Blitzing question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlovin
I have a question for people who play on All-Madden or above. Do you notice that the A.I. sends all blitzes a lot? I notice that some people are saying its been toned down while others say its the same. I have a theory that it involves coaching and personnel. I played the Rams the other day and they barely blitzed, and made pretty good play calling decisions. Yet i played teams like the steelers with a good coaching rating and better personnel and they blitzed more often and sent more people. Just wondering if maybe the better the skill level better the play calling.
i haven't seen a difference using default coach profiles but you can tone this down by changing them and controlling all 32 teams.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

im using dfos coaching sliders, and while they are doing it less, theyre still doing it on 3rd down so it might as well be every down.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

EA needs to remove the "engage eight" play from the playbook. Or at least from the dime, nickle and any other coverage formations. I mean why would you call engage eight out of a dime formation?

*Actual time may vary.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
EA needs to remove the "engage eight" play from the playbook. Or at least from the dime, nickle and any other coverage formations. I mean why would you call engage eight out of a dime formation?
Definitely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

you gotta know when to use it. on short yardage plays u audible to show blitz then get out of it and the safety usually gets the gap and stops the run of disrupt the pass
Old 12-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
Rookie

were talking about the A.I. over using it, which in turn kind of ruins the passing game.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
#****cancer!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

playing on All-Madden, Hardcore playcalling, and post patch #2, I don't see the cpu send all out blitzes or blitz and leave themselves vulnerable on every single passing down.

Playing the Texans last night and it was fun in the 2nd half of that game trying to decipher where the blitz was coming, if at all in passing situations. They blitzed corners, a corner and a LB, walked a safety up and blitzed him, zone blitzed, and they showed blitz but did not send it thus causing me to hot route a guy or two to routes that were easily covered by the defense they called.

Very much enjoying how the cpu mixes up his coverages, blitzes, and overall defensive scheme/playcalling since the 2nd patch.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »