Home

Editing a created team's roster

This is a discussion on Editing a created team's roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Editing a created team's roster

I made a created team, and made it a cupcake team, but I want my team to have a good OL/DL and terrible everything else (hence why I made them a cupcake team). Is there any way you can edit the ratings on a created team's players? So far nothing I've tried has worked, I can't find the roster to be able to mess with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Editing a created team's roster

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

When you pick a team like cupcake does it auto generate players for you? Are they players in the game or new players?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, I wanted to know the same thing...

It doesn't show up ANYWHERE!

I thought you'd be able to draft players or pick up free agents? But nothing... Odd!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Pro

When you create a team is auto-generates players for you unless you pick the "Fantasy Draft" option. Then it lets you pick from all the players in the league (like the Franchise Fantasy Draft, except you are the only team picking).

As for signing FAs, you can, just start up a Franchise with your created team and sign the ones you want. You can then choose an "export active team" option somewhere in the main Franchise hub and save the current team as a "created" team, and whenever you load it up (in Play Now or whereever) it will have the FAs you signed still on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

The way to do this best is to pick the team you're going to overwrite and disperse their better players across the league, trading for crappy players that don't matter (for me, ideally young players that are rated low and don't have pictures). Then drop the mid-to-low level guys you don't want to have erased into free agency (as opposed to wasting time to trade them all).

Make any rating changes you wish to your players while they're on the team you're erasing (you said you wanted decent OL/DL players).

Take a picture of or write down the players on the team you're replacing and fantasy draft them onto your custom team's roster.

Now you have your ****ty players, and none of the real players from the replaced team will disappear from the league when you start your franchise.

Alternatively, you could just drop all of the good players and replace them with crappy free agent people to save time. I like to trade them to other teams with needs instead, that way Carolina doesn't pick up Stephen Jackson, or a similar situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »