Home

Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

This is a discussion on Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
the issues of RB stats being GODLY is due to TONS of HUGE runs for TD's....At mid point in the season and currently there are 3 1000 yd rushers.....When i look at longest runs, there are 21 RB with TD runs OVER 70 yds....The top 5 look like this....98,91,90,87,86....Then there are like 12-14 with runs over 65 yds.....Not ONE RB has a long less than 58 yds...

The above is leading to RBs having HUGE games as SEVERAL RB are breaking LONG runs sometimes 3 times per game..(Gore had TD runs of 88,77,72,56 in one simmed game)

Best solution is this....I control 32 teams and what i have done is sub out the top Backs with silly yds....cept for the elite...and J. Lewis being 3rd in the league is dumb...subbed him to 3rd string)_

The other choice is to lower the stats for top flight backs in the area of...BC vision, awareness and maybe another...

With the RB issues being the acception, i love M10 now and i am sure "we" can figure out the RB stat issue.
I think your right. I have not checked this very thoroughly as I am fed up with madden due to this obvious error and lack of quality control by EA.

But I checked the running back stats of each game in the first 3-4 weeks of my new chise and the problem is that the elite backs (ap, turner, chris johnson) will have at least one run of say 60+ yards a game and that alone will account for roughly 1000 yards in a season (60 yards times 16 games). So ap might only have 17 carryed but he will have 180 yards and two runs of 50-60 yards.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

btw how does something like this pass qa/qc at a major firm like EA with one of their flagship titles. I would love somesort of statement from EA. Has anybody heard a
Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

we as fans and consumers should demand another patch at the cost of the devs. They made a half assed attempt on these "patches"

Look at tackle stats. Still not being added along with assisted tackles.

Look at each game stats, notice how all of them do not add up correctly?

I thought they said they were going to fix these? Apparently not.

NCAA devs made patches at their cost to satisfy consumer's needs. Why can't Ian and Company? Just saying.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

anyone have some time to sim a season AFTER reducing BC vision and awareness on most backs?

I figure if we dropp BC vision by 20-25 pts and awareness 25-30 that should help simmed stats....Some stub RBs would only go down by 15 or so, but some backs like LEWIS would lose like 30-35 on each...

Its not madden without stupid issues right?

I will give it a go tonight, but i am at work til 7pm EST.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
anyone have some time to sim a season AFTER reducing BC vision and awareness on most backs?

I figure if we dropp BC vision by 20-25 pts and awareness 25-30 that should help simmed stats....Some stub RBs would only go down by 15 or so, but some backs like LEWIS would lose like 30-35 on each...

Its not madden without stupid issues right?

I will give it a go tonight, but i am at work til 7pm EST.
I'm wondering if this will have a drastic affect on the CPU's running back when you play against them? It's hard enough to get a challenge from the CPU running game; this may make it worse. Worth a shot, I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #22
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Count me in as one of those hoping the RB stats gets fixed.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaRipper
I had Peterson rush for 2,800+ Yards in a single season....

I have had him run for over 2,500 in sims that I have run. It would not be so bad if it were not so absurd. I mean come on, how could that get out the door?

I have railed about this issue enough, but it is a major screw up. Usually EA's franchise mode is broken out of the box. This year, it actually worked pretty well before they patched it and destroyed its playability lol.

If it were just guys getting 2k or around that, I probably would not mind. But 2,500 yards? That's too much, I can't play that franchise mode, it’s just silly.

EA should fix this on their dime. This is a far more severe problem IMHO than the NCAA progression was and that was fixed to MANY peoples astonishment. So, I have faith EA can and will fix this. They should.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I think the stats should be fixed/improved.

Along with a lot of other franchise stuff - but sure, fix the stats - they are way off.

Though, if the ratings dropping does work - then there's the problem, guys are too highly rated. Someone felt HB were ALL overrated (could be) and if the ratings drop for HBs makes the rushing stats more inline, that would seem to carry weight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »