Home

Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

This is a discussion on Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

The new RB stats have to fixed asap, the Franchise is now like High School players with 6-8 ypc the new normal. About 5 guys break Peterson rushing mark every season!

Please Josh, Donny, who ever at EA fix this now.

Allow us to change ratings in franchise or something, this is not acceptable.

As a life long Madden fan I have never been more upset, I love this game. It's fun but this simmed stats are killing me.

Find a midway point from Patch 1 to Patch 2, I don't care if 1-2 guys average 6 ypc a season but not 10-15.

Franchise fans jump on board and lets get them to fix this now.
Thank you!

Last edited by Mauler97; 12-14-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

+1
Old 12-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

I think the guys at EA are great and if they see that enough people are upset with this they will fix it.
Like I said a mid-way point, why do we go from one extreme to another?

Please EA fix this.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

This link discusses the issues you're seeing:
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...ng-update.aspx

What bothers me is that it seems the developer is only making adjustments to an existing stat engine. If the engine is the problem then simply making variable adjustments will never fix the issue, only an adjustment to the engine itself will.

Guess we need to be thankful EA even assigns one body to franchise mode.

btw the author of this blog has a twitter account. May be you can find more info there.

http://twitter.com/dewiel
Old 12-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5
Angry Re: Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

I agree. I made all the changes to coaching schemes, and used a real nice set of slider settings, and still the RB stats are a bit obscene. The only games the mirror real NFL football, are the ones I play. So the only recourse I have is to play a season, and play every game of the schedule for every team myself. I did read somewhere here where someone was altering the carrier vision, and that helped. Maybe i will try that. This leads to what ive been saying, along with many others, and that is we should not have to be doing this anymore for Madden. This game has been in the making long enough to have had issues like this ironed out, unless of course the developers do not know how to tackle the problem. Im sure some Madden groupie or moderator will flag me for this. I dont care because this is rediculous. This is a good game being marred by issues that shouldnt be anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Franchise play is not very high on their list. Dedicated franchise players are a minority to the casual/online Madden players. Don't ever expect franchise mode to get an overhaul.

Honestly I can't say there's been any major difference in franchise since i first started playing Madden in 2001. When I think about it the only changes that come to mind are the addition/deletion of training camps and scouting. All the other changes have been stat tweaks or cosmetic.

Personally i come to accept franchise for what it is, don't expect anything, and allow myself to be happy when a small feature is added.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpdfrank
I agree. I made all the changes to coaching schemes, and used a real nice set of slider settings, and still the RB stats are a bit obscene. The only games the mirror real NFL football, are the ones I play. So the only recourse I have is to play a season, and play every game of the schedule for every team myself. I did read somewhere here where someone was altering the carrier vision, and that helped. Maybe i will try that. This leads to what ive been saying, along with many others, and that is we should not have to be doing this anymore for Madden. This game has been in the making long enough to have had issues like this ironed out, unless of course the developers do not know how to tackle the problem. Im sure some Madden groupie or moderator will flag me for this. I dont care because this is rediculous. This is a good game being marred by issues that shouldnt be anymore.
It's ridiculous that we would be flagged or locked up for having a real issue with the game. Like I said I really like this Madden. I have fun playing it but I am a sim/Franchise ADULT gamer. I loved HC '09 and from that I have huge respect for Looman and Donny. But this is a REAL issue that has to be addressed. How can they justify the sim stats. I had 5 guys rush for more than 300 yards in a game! I had a guy with 1,700 yards on like 180 carries!
Please with total respect fix this stat issue asap.

I was amazed at how awesome EA responded to the Broadcast Cam thread which makes this game twice as fun as before, now we need them to do it again with the simmed stats.

Franchise is completely unplayable if you want any sort of realism.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Rookie

This entire thread is discussed, in length, in many other threads (not to mention the 30+ page post on patch 2.0 impressions), yet you felt this needed its' own thread again because....?

Like someone else said, if it is the stat engine than nothing can be done. I hardly expect to see another patch done for Madden 10.

Obviously it is not as simple as changing a few factors of the engine, otherwise it would have been done in 2.0. The fact that people think it is is asinine. The team obviously had to come to a comprimise.

More people care about good, fun gameplay than realistic stats in offline franchise - which is evident of their decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »