Home

Is it just me, or is kicking (FG's, punts) really difficult?

This is a discussion on Is it just me, or is kicking (FG's, punts) really difficult? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is it just me, or is kicking (FG's, punts) really difficult?

I mean, I'm all for a challenge and what-not, but it seems like if the stick isnt PERFECTLY in sync, then the ball goes extremely wayward. This happens more often on punts, but also on long field goals (40 and up).

I try to keep the stick in a perfect motion, but even when I do that it goes wayward too many times. So, is this just me, or has someone else been experiencing this?

If it matters, I've downloaded both patches, and it seems as if it got harder with the patch; not sure, since I haven't played for a little while
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is it just me, or is kicking (FG's, punts) really difficult?

The only problem I encounter is when kicking FGs in bad weather, since the game accurately makes the ball seem heavier or slippery because of the rain or snow.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimez
I mean, I'm all for a challenge and what-not, but it seems like if the stick isnt PERFECTLY in sync, then the ball goes extremely wayward. This happens more often on punts, but also on long field goals (40 and up).

I try to keep the stick in a perfect motion, but even when I do that it goes wayward too many times. So, is this just me, or has someone else been experiencing this?

If it matters, I've downloaded both patches, and it seems as if it got harder with the patch; not sure, since I haven't played for a little while
YES!!! I was about to buy a new controller! I thought that's what it was....

No matter how straight I keep the stick, at the last moment that accuracy meter thing jumps to one side. Also on kicks 40+ yds out.

I might try upping the kick accuracy meter to see if that helps any. I'm not too crazy about this kicking method...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Its not just you I have this issue too. I think Next years madden should have a feature like NBA 2K where we can practice shooting Free Throws instead with kicking FG's.

I missed 25 Yarders, from 30 yards and I am embarrassed to admit this but also missed one inside the 10. I even missed one in a game winning situation.

I think I just suck in kicking FG's because everyone I played online seems automatic.

Last edited by dopeboy206; 12-15-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

No major problems here. I'm trying to make myself miss more FGs with lowering accuracy and not moving the arrow, instead using the meter to angle the kick.

Sometimes I see the meter go way off, but usually I correct it on the "upswing", which actually is why I'm missing more without moving the arrow. I've hit the uprights more times than I care to think about when first trying this method.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

I onced miss 2 extra points in a game if it makes you feel better. And yes it is true. Glad to see Im not the only one with FG problems. Misery loves company. LOL. Just kidding. Best of luck to you and hopefully you get better.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #7
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

FG's are way way way too easy. If I am in range I never miss. (well did have the bad weather thing once). If I play the CPU I usually sim FGs. You just have to keep the stick steady at the end. What I usually do is hold the stick at the release point all the way throught the kick until it goes in the goal post. Seems to work for me.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 12-15-2009, 03:15 AM   #8
Rookie

Insomniac33's Arena

OVR: 13

I have had Zero problems with kickin. Making them from both sides of the field, up into 50+yards. Longest is 58 with David Buehler with no wind. I find it easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »