Home

Question about the 3-4

This is a discussion on Question about the 3-4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question about the 3-4

I'm currently in the process of attempting to change the Bears over to a 3-4 defense. One of the moves that I made was to put Briggs as an ILB.

The problem I'm having is that on certain formations he gets taken off the field. I know I can adjust this through subs but that's a pain to have to do every game.

The other problem I'm having is that he's now a starter on special teams as well. Again, I know I can solve it through subs but that gets old fast.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Question about the 3-4

You pretty much solved your own problem on the first one... but you're too lazy to fix it! That's about all you can do there...

As for the special teams issue, make sure you fill as many non-starting positions on the depth chart as you can, and make sure he isn't listed as a backup to any positions.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnister
You pretty much solved your own problem on the first one... but you're too lazy to fix it! That's about all you can do there...

As for the special teams issue, make sure you fill as many non-starting positions on the depth chart as you can, and make sure he isn't listed as a backup to any positions.
It's not lazy, it just gets frustrating having to remember to sub him in for any formation that doesn't use 4 linebackers in every game that I play. And I'm a guy that tends to use most of my playbook, so that's a lot of subbing.

Good call on the second part. I think I do have him at a backup somewhere. Thanks for that.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

pretty sure if you set the subs one game they will stay set for future games as well
Old 01-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Tylerazevedo's Arena

OVR: 2

Move Tommie Harris over to DE....fast....he's a haus 3-4 DE
}
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
pretty sure if you set the subs one game they will stay set for future games as well
This does seem to work in franchise, so thank you much for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerazevedo
Move Tommie Harris over to DE....fast....he's a haus 3-4 DE
Yeah, I moved him to RE, Harrison to DT and Anthony Adams to LE. I'm not overly happy with the second two, but I'll replace them as I move along in franchise.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

The subs feature stays the same game after game in my franchise. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
The subs feature stays the same game after game in my franchise. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.
I said that it was working in franchise. Most of my playing to this point has been Play Now games and Practice Mode, so I didn't know that subs held in Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »