Home

Abusing the trade system in Franchise

This is a discussion on Abusing the trade system in Franchise within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Abusing the trade system in Franchise

I like to keep it to seven picks. I figure with 30 years to go you've got plenty of choices to make down the road so why load up so early?

Also, I prefer to use real NFL players when I can and draft three solid starters a year. I'll draft some great players late and sign them for one year. After that year they want too much money to re-sign so I usually let them go.

In the past I used to trade my first rounder for solid real life players with a few years left and then draft the rest.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

what draft classes did you download?? im curious because the current one im using the highest player rated (tebow) comes out with a 71 ovr its time for an update 4 me
Old 12-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
what draft classes did you download?? im curious because the current one im using the highest player rated (tebow) comes out with a 71 ovr its time for an update 4 me
i downloaded rosters from luvtotha9s (PS3, but I think he has some 360 rosters too), but I made some changes. If you want Colt McCoy or Eric Berry to come out well, add 2" of height and 15-20 lbs to them, it drastically improves how well they turn out. I have 2 sets of draft classes, in one I added the height/weight to McCoy and he came out pretty well (89 THP, 60's-70's in all accuracies, 80 Speed), but in the other one I forgot and he is fairly bad (60-70 THP, 50s in all accuracies, 75 Speed) despite having similar season stats during the simmed seasons.

Oh, and if you want Toby Gerhart to come out well, then I would suggest editing the Stanford OL to give them a boost to run blocking. I did this for the second draft class set and he came out a lot better (88-90 Speed, 90 Trucking, 85 Carrying, 94 Stiff Arm). Most of the other elite HBs are on teams with better OL, so they can do fine by themselves, but Gerhart needs a bit of help over at Stanford.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm in my seconnd season with the bengals and theres no doubt the late gems are awesome. I got a RB in round two who can plow through anything (99 or 98 truck). Given its round 2 though but Ive never seen a madden game that has rookies with that much talent.

RIP Henry
Old 12-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

I did similar stuff in my created team with a fantasy draft. I also play that one with no trade deadline or salary cap. I'll also sign decent LB's from the 4th+ round with no bonus, switch them to DEs, and trade for stud players. Since all the players I target are under 27 with A potential, by year 3 my team is unstoppable and it loses it's appeal...

However, I have a second franchise with the Patriots. That one I run legit and don't cheat the system.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
Strategy

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
The problem with the gems is that if you're using the NCAA draft classes, they don't exist. You can get a guy in the 4th round who my be good, but there is a steady decline in ability/potential as the rounds go on.
Very true.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

When I first booted up the game I wanted to trade Kerry Collins. I got the Browns 1st, 3rd and Cribbs for him.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »