Home

Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Am I the only one really enjoying this game after patch #2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
as I've said before...the game is golden to me post patch.

3-3 right now with my Raiders.
it seems as tho i've been following your posts all around the boards haha. are you controlled all 32 teams like most people are? or are you just living with the stats? reason why i ask you is because me and you pretty much are using the same settings and same playing style. so i figure i could compare myself more so to you than anyone else
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauxman
The interceptions are still ********. Tipped balls float down to the ground as slowly as helicopters landing, it is one of the most bull**** things I've ever seen. I don't understand how any dev is so ******** as to not put some sort of gravity in their game. Are we playing on the moon?

That's why I turn rewinds to unlimited. I don't use them to cheat, but I use them for stupid plays like that. Tips balls being interceted by DTs and ran back to TDs. AI throwing insane INTs in opposing teams endzone(Yes I rewind those too). Want to make it realistic, and sometimes, certain unrealistic plays need to be cut out. If I throw a dumb INT unrealistically, I rewind and take a sack on the play, fair play right?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

how do you lose the the cpu? i made one of those terribad create a teams and jacked the (relevant) ai up for the cpu as much as possible with my sliders tuned for realism. still can't call my own plays or its too easy, have to have beginner play selection or i'll call plays that work...and even nursing the poor cpu along to try and keep it close i still can't find any realism or challenge. really wish i could enjoy the game offline like you guys do online franchise i'm having a lot of fun with though, but i miss the good ol days of offline franchises where i'd play 4 or 5 games a night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #12
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Enjoying the game a great deal. 32 team franchise. The games are varied. Teams play differently and you can tell the good teams from the bad. Just collected 4 sacks using the Jets against Miami. Ran for 129 yards with Thomas Jones.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
how do you lose the the cpu? i made one of those terribad create a teams and jacked the (relevant) ai up for the cpu as much as possible with my sliders tuned for realism. still can't call my own plays or its too easy, have to have beginner play selection or i'll call plays that work...and even nursing the poor cpu along to try and keep it close i still can't find any realism or challenge. really wish i could enjoy the game offline like you guys do online franchise i'm having a lot of fun with though, but i miss the good ol days of offline franchises where i'd play 4 or 5 games a night.

It is kinda hard sometims I agree... I use ask madden on Offense and pick one of the 4 or 5 different plays from there. I never use hot routes either which helps.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4

While the patch doesn't represent everything i was hoping to see from Madden 10, I will say it is a marked improvement overall. If the game was this balanced when it came out, there would have been a lot less complaining.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

You're one of the few; I'm not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I just played my first game since installing the second patch last night. I was surprised to see how much it improved this game. It's too early to tell since I only played one game, but it sure seemed a lot better. I was the Texans and I defeated the Jets 10-3 (Custom sliders, everything set to 50 for human and cpu). Prior to this patch I would have beaten the Jets 31-0 probably. With some slider adjustments this just might end up being a keeper.

I just wish I hadn't bought it in August and instead waited until now to buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »