Home

Cheese or No Cheese

This is a discussion on Cheese or No Cheese within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
Pro

GboroKidd's Arena

OVR: 9
Cheese or No Cheese

Situation came up in my OF.

I know it was frowned upon back in NCAA, but what are the thoughts on sprinting to the sideline with your QB immediately after the snap?

Here are two of the plays in question

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14478554

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14478867

Would love to hear some of your thoughts/opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Cheese or No Cheese

Anyone who can't stop you from doing that needs to play something other than football. maybe uno or monopoly.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

yeah i would just use the wide blitz from the 3-4 normal in the jets playbook and destroy that roll out. on the first play that pass should be a floater because he is throwing it back across his body on the run. passes like that one need to get intercepted 7 out of 10 times and need to be incomplete the other 3 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

it is pretty lame but i dont think its cheese because you can stop it blitz the side he rolls to spread the dline and have them rush outside spy the QB we had a guy that used to do this but he learned quickly that people will figure it out
Old 12-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

i wouldn't call that cheese. maybe annoying and desperate.

that's easy to stop with either QB contain or CB blitz plays.

if somebody tried that garbage more than twice on me, they'd be toast every other time.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't think it's cheese, you can make an easy adjustment to stop this play and if the guy isnt going it then its his fault
Old 12-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

No cheese... dude was doing 2 man rushes. He could easily call contains and annihilate that.... or OLB/DB blitzes.

BTW the scrambling really didn't do anything for the QB to help. He could've made those exact same throws from the pocket. Again, no cheese.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Thats cheese in my opinion. I dont think its a question of not being able to stop it, because of course it can be stopped, but thats not how football is played. I dont agree with doing it because thats not how QBs do irl. I understand there are a lot of unrealistic plays and moves you can do in this game and its inevitable, but that isnt real football, and I enjoy playing the game as realistically as I can and getting a good realistic style of play from my opponent.

Most guys only care about winning, which is fine for them. I want to win also, but I'd rather see it played at least similar to how its played on TV because I can appreciate the sport for what it really is having played it on a small D3 level. Realistic football is important to me, and snap & sprint isnt hardly realistic and can be avoided so Im not a fan of doing it. Its actually frowned upon and against the rules in pretty much every league I play in!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »