Home

Some moves I have made...

This is a discussion on Some moves I have made... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Some moves I have made...

Kind of bored, so...

I am finally starting my Seahawks franchise. Hopefully, I can just accept the sim stats and enjoy the game. I did some editing and lowered most of the elite backs and their BC Vision rating, and so far, after week one, it has helped. High rusher for the week was Adrian Peterson with 131 yards.

Anyway, I made some moves... I am going to try and trade Walter Jones to Denver for their first round pick, considering the Seahawks own it in real life... I imported the 2010 draft class so I am looking to draft some studs. Trading Jones might be unrealistic, and for as much as I love the guy, the dude is done. Might as well get Denver's first.

I signed Ian Johnson, the rookie RB out of Boise State. He just might the back of the future for me (or Forsett, depending on who plays better). Julius Jones is buried on the depth chart.

I signed Justin Harrell (DT) and Brandon Hughes (CB). I am going to see what I can do in the draft, but right now I am scouting Suh, Jonathan Dwyer, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Charles Brown, Taylor Mays, Dez Bryant, and a whole bunch of others. I might draft Gerhart in the third or so, but I have a full season to play.

Looking forward to it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Some moves I have made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkNestMonster
Kind of bored, so...

I am finally starting my Seahawks franchise. Hopefully, I can just accept the sim stats and enjoy the game. I did some editing and lowered most of the elite backs and their BC Vision rating, and so far, after week one, it has helped. High rusher for the week was Adrian Peterson with 131 yards.

Anyway, I made some moves... I am going to try and trade Walter Jones to Denver for their first round pick, considering the Seahawks own it in real life... I imported the 2010 draft class so I am looking to draft some studs. Trading Jones might be unrealistic, and for as much as I love the guy, the dude is done. Might as well get Denver's first.

I signed Ian Johnson, the rookie RB out of Boise State. He just might the back of the future for me (or Forsett, depending on who plays better). Julius Jones is buried on the depth chart.

I signed Justin Harrell (DT) and Brandon Hughes (CB). I am going to see what I can do in the draft, but right now I am scouting Suh, Jonathan Dwyer, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Charles Brown, Taylor Mays, Dez Bryant, and a whole bunch of others. I might draft Gerhart in the third or so, but I have a full season to play.

Looking forward to it...
If he has decent potential, i would go after Jimmy Clausen. Almost every franchise he has been rather decent.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
If he has decent potential, i would go after Jimmy Clausen. Almost every franchise he has been rather decent.
I know, but what's weird is Clausen declared for the draft, but he is nowhere to be found when I go to scout players. So, he didn't transfer over on the draft class. Kind of maddening because I was going to draft him if given the chance.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkNestMonster
I know, but what's weird is Clausen declared for the draft, but he is nowhere to be found when I go to scout players. So, he didn't transfer over on the draft class. Kind of maddening because I was going to draft him if given the chance.
Weird? whos draft classes do you use? I used dkrause and even made some of my own and he was always there.

If you cany find him, whatever you do dont go after Tebow if hes in the top 10. I always find it very hard to get up there to get him. I dont know if its NCAA DC or what, but moving into the top 10 is almost impossible without giving up the farm.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I don't think the Broncos will accept the trade, or at least they shouldn't. They already have Ryan Clady at LT, why would they give up a first rounder for Walter Jones?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

dont feel bad for letting walter jones go. if u dont trade him away you're not gonna wanna resign him in yr 2 or 3 anyway cuz his demand is crazy and he's old as hell. plus ull have to resign hasselbeck in yr 2 or 3 unless u address qb position earlier than i did.

im in yr 4 postseason in my seahawks franch.

key moves i made that i can think of off the top of my head:

-traded away walter jones
-picked up de connor barwin from houston in a trade and he's a beast (he went to my alma mater UCincy and is a rookie in '09 and was still under rookie contract for a few yrs)
-got rid of spencer (C). his resign demand was f'n ********
-got rid of tj duckett (early rosters used)
-buried j. jones to hb3 as ive drafted a stud hb in yr 2 and forsett is a good #2. jones is a good #3 cuz he's old and dont need big $. his speed drops off crazy tho since hes over 30yrs old
-let cb josh wilson go at resigning (yr 3 i think) cuz he wanted hella loot (hes a ram now so its cool i get to play against him in conf play)
-all new O line thru the draft
-drafted new franch qb to take over (only signed hass to 2yr deal in yr 3)
-may have to resign hasselbeck to another short deal to give drafted qb another yr or 2 to progress (high 70's rating)
-let burleson go at his resigning
-signed chris henry (RIP) in yr 2 or 3 very cheap to a 5yr deal

biggest challenge for the 1st few years is structuring things thru trades, FA, and draft pick trades to make it where u can let ppl go and fill their position for less $ so u can still sign all of ur draft picks in the end. alot of contracts come up every yr for yr 1-3. ur def gonna have some challenges ahead cuz theres alot of tough decisions to make. i came out ok and love the way my team is setup right now. 3 superbowl appearances and 2 wins (both against patriots in yr 1 & 3)

funny thing is i almost picked up ian johnson in my dolphins franchise to fill me out at hb cuz brown is out for the season, but i grabbed forsett instead cuz he was a FA too and i had extensive use of him and like him alot.

Last edited by o Mass Murda o; 12-17-2009 at 03:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »