Home

what are your impressions of Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on what are your impressions of Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
what are your impressions of Madden 2010?

I haven't bought a Madden game in about 10 years, mainly because I thought the good players were too good, and did very unrealistic things (ie: Randy Moss going up snagging a ball and proceeding to break 6 tackles and run for a 55 yard TD pass...which happened to be the last play I ever played on the Madden Franchise).

I'm toying with the idea of getting the 2010 game, but curious to get various people's impressions, what is the games strengths, weaknesses...and if it's worth getting to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
#****cancer!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: what are your impressions of Madden 2010?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ere-360-a.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-here-ps3.html

Best places to get all the info you need. In these two threads you'll learn the good, the bad, and the ugly about the game.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 12-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Okay, honestly... Without trying to bash EA too much, I will give you my honest opinion.

The game is a letdown. It plays pretty decent, but if you're big on running a realistic offline franchise, the game is just mentally and emotionally draining. Sim stats are completely jacked up. What's frustrating is EA used to be fairly decent at sim stats, but in Madden 2010, I've seen more than four running backs eclipse 2,000+ yards in a season, usually averaging 6.5-7.5 yards per carry. Sacks are another crazy stat.

Ratings do not seem to matter on the offensive line and I don't think it was addressed in the patch. You can literally put 3 WR's and 2 CB's on your offensive line and you won't see any dropoff in your running game. So, signing elite offensive lineman or drafting young studs is a waste... Spend the money elsewhere because OL play does not matter at all.

Tackles are broken as well... and this is a big one for me because I love playing defense. I've played a full season when the game first came out and my high tackler was Aaron Curry with 58 tackles.

If you're a casual gamer and care very little about realism, you'll probably like the game... but for us stat junkies and franchise lovers, it's a letdown.

It's a step up from some past versions but it's not enough and I believe EA knows it.

Last edited by HawkNestMonster; 12-17-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Countryboy gave you two good threads you should follow up with. I would also read the Patch 2 threads as well as that was the latest thread.

Bottomline, the game play has improved a great deal since patch #2. If you get bummed because of a few stats like sacks and ypc and a few 2009 yd rushers per season, then by pass the game or at least rent it to make your own decision.

By far, the best Madden on NG gameplay wise and presentation wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »