Home

Trading for Vince Young... Need advice!

This is a discussion on Trading for Vince Young... Need advice! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Trading for Vince Young... Need advice!

Okay guys, so I am wanting to trade for Vince Young but I want to keep it realistic.

I am the Seahawks... I could part with Hasselbeck. Yeah, he's still good but he's getting old. I was thinking about offering Hass and a 2nd to the Titans for Young. I am wanting to keep it realistic so please give me your honest opinions/suggestions.

VY in Seattle will add some nice to my franchise for sure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Trading for Vince Young... Need advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkNestMonster
Okay guys, so I am wanting to trade for Vince Young but I want to keep it realistic.

I am the Seahawks... I could part with Hasselbeck. Yeah, he's still good but he's getting old. I was thinking about offering Hass and a 2nd to the Titans for Young. I am wanting to keep it realistic so please give me your honest opinions/suggestions.

VY in Seattle will add some nice to my franchise for sure!
Titans wouldn't take Hass for Young on any day without a 1st round pick. Hass is too old and the titans already got Collins on the verge or retiring, so it is easy to say they wouldn't put themselves into that situation unless they have a shot at getting a young arm in the draft.

There really isnt a "realistic" scenario cause the titans at this point would never trade young, so if you wanted too, try and give them Hass, a 1st rounder and maybe you might coax a late rounder out of them.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-18-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Hasselbeck, one of your WRs (Burleson or Branch...because the PSU rookie turns out to be real good), and a 2nd is more realistic imo, especially if it ends up being a high 2nd.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

don't do it. not worth it. vy is not that good on madden. i tried to develop him for two seasons but i started to hate playing with him. he missed open throws, has a weird release.. i just didn't like using him. i drafted a qb, played great with him in the preseason and traded vy the next off season.

just my two cents.

if you must trade for him, it'd be a first, maybe one of your stud defensive players (like Lofa or Tapp) and probably another player or pick. even that's pushing it with the realism thing. but, it's your chise. do what you gotta do.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm a Vince Young fan, he's the only player on my Roster who I currently modify. I slightly alter his S/M/D, agility, strength, ratings (by no more than 4 points on any of them), bringing him up to an 84 or so. I have to agree with others though, that based on his current play he would need a 1st rounder, or another QB to build a team around.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »