Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Roundtable

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Roundtable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 21
Quote:
Otherwise I am happy to say that the Madden team is poised to make gamers completely forget about NFL 2K5 when Madden 11 is released next August.
This is one hilariously sad quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #42
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
its not that bad of game it just needs to adjust ball trajectory,line play , 3-4 defense and come up with some happy medium for jump ball animation. also give the defensive ends power to swallow the pocket.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11
Too many guys overstate nfl 2k5, I know it was stellar, but most of the mechanics in that game isn't what madden is, so let's stop with the pseudo comparisons. Madden vs human is still a top 5 video game experience, madden franchise is fully customized now, and only formation audibles have not been carried to next gen, my only gripe. Madden and NBA2K are still the most accurate sports video games we play. Not The cheesy Show, and not crack head speed NCAA or boring FIFA.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Roundtable

I'll tell you what, if this patch had been the game out of the box from day one, we would be heralding Madden 10 as the biggest jump in year to year editions of this game ever. It's sad it took this long to get this patch out, but all in all it makes Madden a very solid and re-playable game.

I fired up my franchise with my buddy last night and saw stuff I've never seen before. For instance, balls coming out of the QB's hand can now be tipped by the lineman, I even saw a dead duck that was tipped at the line get intercepted. QB's tend to throw bad in cold/wet weather, same goes for more fumbling takes place in the bad weather.

Draft history and the draft were cleaned up a bit. The draft now lists all players who have been drafted as drafed, which did not occur prior to the patch.

OL/DL interaction still needs to be worked on, if they can get that right along with an big time upgrade to franchise mode (think Head Coach) we will have a game that does topple NFL2k5.

Kudos to the M'10 staff for giving us a bone with this patch. If we see the same incremental improvement as we saw from this patch edition of M'10 over M'09, I don't think any of us will be disappointed.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #45
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

This is an off topic question: Are there Power rankings in Madden after 10weeks like 2k5..??? I can't seem to find them in my chise...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
This is an off topic question: Are there Power rankings in Madden after 10weeks like 2k5..??? I can't seem to find them in my chise...
no

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #47
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden 10 post patch is golden. If you can find a sim player and not a cheeser your good to go. It really is the best football experience ever. It has its faults but so does everything else. It will get better every year. This year on next gen I can finally see myself playing it for a full year.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5
I like everything except the fact that when u get to the QB and about to sack him, he just throws the ball away in the middle of the sack. It happens every time. I adjust sliders and blitz constantly and still only get about a sack per game. Why cant anyone make sacks? Cause EA is tring to show off the new animation for throwing the ball away that they were talking and hyping about. It's just annoying now and really frustrates me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »