Home

How do you get stretch plays to work?

This is a discussion on How do you get stretch plays to work? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: How do you get stretch plays to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Slide protection away fromthe play side? Interesting. I always slide protected towards the play side, to no avail.
Don't to it on counters or Power-O or any other play with a pulling guard. If someone is pulling slide protect the opposite way so they seal the side with the pullers.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 12-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

I use aggressive blocking or sliding opposite of the direction I'm running.

I key on the outermost blocker - if the defender sheds outward, don't even try beating him to the edge. Cut it up and make it happen there. If you get the seal = hit the jets. I've broke long ones when I get that rare seal.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
slide protection is a big help. you can slide the opposite direction,it seems to seal the edge,or slide toward the run and look for the cut back lane.
Unfortunately, he's completely correct. Due to the way blocking currently works in Madden 10, you adjust the line the opposite direction you plan on running. I haven't broken the plays down to see exactly what's going on, but I do know it works. Others have posted claiming it's due to suction blocking. After testing a couple of times to verify it did work, I don't use during franchise play (think there's only 1, maybe 2 stretch plays in Cowboys playbook anyhow).

Usually on the stretch plays, the Tackles don't pull properly to seal the outside player, or if they do, they are pushed so far back that it blocks the path of the HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I also use aggresive or opposite protection. The Colts are a run this as a staple of their offense IRL. In is a zone blocking scheme and isn't really meant to get to the outside, so the name is a little misleading. Basically you follow your blockers and take the hold the develops. It you seal the edge go for it and if not cut that puppy back inside. Now if I just take my own advice because I am usually determined to hit that edge. The beauty of this play is there is a little room for improvision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »