Home

It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated.

This is a discussion on It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated.

I been quiet all year, now its getting frustrating. I play all my games with Indy, since the beginning when we were ratred 85 overall while Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England were all rated higher. I remember when New England winning the Super Bowl scrolled across the ticker.

Now, the season is basically over. We all have a clear perception of who's who, and what's what in the NFL. Can we get some actual rating that coincide with what is happening in the league?

There has been some changes, but most are questionable. New Orleans does not have 3 bars for QB, but Dallas does? Romo is not even a top 5 QB. No bias, Show me any stat that places him ahead of Brady, Brees, Manning, Farve, Rivers.

You drop New England's pass defense to 1 bar, but not Dallas'. Basically, my problem is figuring out how Dallas is rated to play like a top team EVERY YEAR, without doing anything productive after November.

BUT,

Indianapolis breaks the record for most wins in a decade, are undefeated right now, but have ratings that makes winning without a gimmick nearly impossible.

This is my point, I understand using ratings to keep teams in check. But if you have Madden set up where speed is everything, you can't just give it to the teams YOU think are good leaving the other teams broken. You can't use broken tackles to translate bad defense. What is the point of playing the game if I know whoever the first player I get to the RB is not gonna tackle him.

In Madden, there doesn't seem to be a problem making Indy's defense bad by not allowing them to tackle, or run the ball. So why not make all teams weaknesses relevant in the game.

Especially Dallas. New England actually lost to 2 undefeated teams. We all know Dallas is dead in the water this week in New Orleans. If you have to overrate Dallas players to make them good, don't you think that takes away from the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: It is simply ridiculous how low the Colts are rated.

The title reads Colts, but I read Cowboys. How'd that happen?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Overall team ratings are determined by...believe it or not...the overall talent on the teams' roster.

While the Colts have several superstars like Wayne, Clark, Manning, et al., they are not a tremendously deep team when it comes to overall talent, especially on defense.

Position for position, there are many teams in the league who have more talent than Indy (Dallas being one of them).

The problem with your thinking is that it ignores the fact that being the "most talented" team isn't the same thing as being "the best" team.

Dallas may not be a very good team, but it's hard to argue against the fact that they are a very talented team.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-18-2009 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Overall team ratings are determined by...believe it or not...the overall talent on the teams' roster.

While the Colts have several superstars like Wayne, Clark, Manning, et al., they are not a tremendously deep team when it comes to overall talent, especially on defense.

Position for position, there are many teams in the league who have more talent than Indy (Dallas being one of them).

The problem with your thinking is that it ignores the fact that being the "most talented" team isn't the same thing as being "the best" team.

Dallas may not be a very good team, but it's hard to argue against the fact that they are a very talented team.
Bingo!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

Would be nice to have a startup matchup, and a depth chart view (maybe click a button during loading screem to change the views).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
There has been some changes, but most are questionable. New Orleans does not have 3 bars for QB, but Dallas does? Romo is not even a top 5 QB. No bias, Show me any stat that places him ahead of Brady, Brees, Manning, Farve, Rivers.

You drop New England's pass defense to 1 bar, but not Dallas'. Basically, my problem is figuring out how Dallas is rated to play like a top team EVERY YEAR, without doing anything productive after November.
Do not take any notice of the bars on the loading screen, or the team ratings that are at the team select screen for play now or online games.

They are subjective ratings slapped on by Tiburon, and they are not an average of the teams player ratings.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Do not take any notice of the bars on the loading screen, or the team ratings that are at the team select screen for play now or online games.

They are subjective ratings slapped on by Tiburon, and they are not an average of the teams player ratings.

If that's the case, how do they set it for fantasy draft franchises? I mean, they don't even know who you'll end up with?

As far as the Colts go, didn't they just break the record for most wins when trailing in the 4th Quarter?

Obviously, it's great if teams can win in the 4th quarter when behind, but is that the sign of a team that's dominating or one that has the right people in the right places (and Peyton Manning)?

Last edited by KBLover; 12-18-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
If that's the case, how do they set it for fantasy draft franchises? I mean, they don't even know who you'll end up with?
It's probably the same as the team ratings at the team select menu. With them, they create ratings for play now/online games that are based on how the team is doing in real life, but when you take the same team into a franchise, there is a a formula that generates the rating(based on your roster).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »