Home

Raiders Franchises

This is a discussion on Raiders Franchises within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Raiders Franchises

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swivel63
i've had to do a little cheating. it is what it is. LOL.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

How much cap room do you need to accommodate the draft??

I had planned on resigning Gallery to a new deal to free up some cap space and trying to move Russell (if possible).

BTW I am in week 15 of year 1.

I'm also wondering if there is any advantage to signing potential FA now instead of waiting for the off season (Morrison, Howard etc)
Old 12-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
How much cap room do you need to accommodate the draft??

I had planned on resigning Gallery to a new deal to free up some cap space and trying to move Russell (if possible).

BTW I am in week 15 of year 1.

I'm also wondering if there is any advantage to signing potential FA now instead of waiting for the off season (Morrison, Howard etc)
If you need to you can release or trade Carlisle to free up some space with no cap penalty. I wouldn't bother re-signing Gallery until his contract is up....and even then I wouldn't re-sign him. You can put the tag on Seymour at the end of the year and trade him without penalty as well.

You'll have to decide on re-signing Schilens, Morrison, L. Walker, Gradkowski, G****ssell....the rest are pretty easy to let go or re-sign cheap if I remember correctly. I haven't noticed yet if it's better to sign them early or not but I think it might be based on how they perform during the season/playoffs. I always sign Z. Miller when he's got a couple of years left. Otherwise, he'll demand a huge contract when it's up since I use him so much.

I never have a problem signing my draft picks. I like to draft LB, DE, DT, CB, WR, FB, LB after the first year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have been simming Raiders franchise for fun. I am at the beginning of year 2.

I kept Gallery and Javon Walker through the first season, as the cap penalty to release them is huge. I released/traded a lot of players. I can't recall exactly who, but it added up the $26M of cap penalties for the second year. A lot of overpaid players, with one guard (not Gallery, can't remember his name), and Greg Ellis as probably the only guys in the 80s that were let go (the rest 70s and below).

At the end of the first season, other than Seymour and one or two other players with B potential, I let all the FA's go. It was over 20 (I signed a bunch of guys to one year deals after releasing/trading a number of the overpaid players).

At the beginning of the second season I released Javon Walker. I easily signed all 10 of my draft picks because other than the first rounder, they don't ask for much money. I had a really successful draft. I got A potential players at RT, FB, SS, K, WR, and B players at LT, HB. That allowed me to trade the current starting LT for Ernie Sims (OLB), I signed a young guard, traded my previous starting SS for a young CB from Dallas.

The team is set up to succeed in the future. Next year the $26 mil cap penalty will go down to $12 mil (from releasing Walker), and Gallery's contract will expire. I just need to decide whether to keep Russel. I need a better DT, FS, and C (possibly QB too). I have a whole bunch of A potential players waiting to progress. Not as challenging as I thought it would be, but I enjoy seeing the difference made to the roster.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Say what you will, but I traded Jamarcus to New England for a seventh round pick. This freed up alot of cap room, plus I consider it payback for the "Tuck Rule."
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Not saying you have to, but, negotiations on the new CBA are going "poorly" per PFT.com and 2010 is scheduled to be an uncapped year. You can always turn the salary cap off and just sim the first year. Only problem with playing an uncapped year is that some of the contract issues would not be in the game (i.e. multiple transition tags, 6-years of service for UFA instead of 4, etc.)
Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Rookie

I didn't have to make any major cuts. The key is only releasing those cap eaters when the cut penalty is lower than the salary. If you do that, avoid major FA signings and don't trade, you can keep the better players - Seymour, Asamogagh, Morrison, etc. I still have JaMarcus, but will took a 3rd rounder with B potential who will ride the bench this year and then we'll see how the two progress and what's in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

I played year 1 out with the regular rosters then at the end of the season traded away JaMarcus, Walker, Warren, Ekejiuba, since none of them were going to play and just took up a lot of cap room. I let Route walk since he wanted more money than I wanted to pay him.

Resigned Morrison and Schilens. Had to resign Seymour because he was a beast for me, then since the draft was not looking very good for QB's off my imported roster I signed Pennington, and ended up drafting Tebow mid second round since he was the best best QB of the bunch.

Not sure what I think of what I've done so far, seems to be a mess, but I'll see how it turns out. It's kinda making me miss my NCAA dynasty where I could just restock and reload every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »