Home

Does the cpu cheat its routes?

This is a discussion on Does the cpu cheat its routes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Does the cpu cheat its routes?

I feel like the cpu is sometimes worse than playing an online cheeser. I remember reading somewhere here that someone said EA swears there is no comeback logic, but there has to be.

But yea, anyways...i notice alot of times, cpu seems to kinda of change its routes on the fly while the play is in progress. does it seem like this to anyone else? Players will just suddenly stop just at the right time for the qb to throw right between two zones.

something else i notice is that the cpu jumps for the ball often, but my cpu controlled characters do nothing but over the shoulder catches when it seems like a jump ball situation.

and finally...why is it that on comeback/curl routes that when I do one, but hesitate to throw it right away...that the cpu will go and sit in front of my guy to make sure i don't make the completion to the WR who curled...but if the cpu does a curl route and i let cpu controll my CBs...my CBs dont jump in front of the curl and instead sit behind the guy allowing him to make the completion even if it wasn't timed to be completed as soon as the guy makes the comeback? its really bothers me that they don't help you out in anyway. I mean, if we could control all 11 guys at once through some kind of mental mechanism...sure...i don't need the cpu's help. but we don't have that. we have one controller with a few buttons and can only control one person at a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Does the cpu cheat its routes?

As the player: never throw a deep out, a curl, a comeback, a deep in. These routes are so bad its beyond comprehension. Sure you can get a completion sometimes but these routes are picked off for no reason other than pathetic DB mechanics.

Only slants, drags, posts, streaks, corners work. And the jerk route works on the cpu too.

I'm not sure why these other routes are even in the game. When they prove ineffectual game after game.

ps. there is no comeback logic.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

Definitely no comeback logic, in fact, sometimes the cpu team seems to give up on me at halftime if I'm winning by two scores or more. Maybe it's just my superb defensive coaching, lol.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
I feel like the cpu is sometimes worse than playing an online cheeser. I remember reading somewhere here that someone said EA swears there is no comeback logic, but there has to be.

But yea, anyways...i notice alot of times, cpu seems to kinda of change its routes on the fly while the play is in progress. does it seem like this to anyone else? Players will just suddenly stop just at the right time for the qb to throw right between two zones.

something else i notice is that the cpu jumps for the ball often, but my cpu controlled characters do nothing but over the shoulder catches when it seems like a jump ball situation.

and finally...why is it that on comeback/curl routes that when I do one, but hesitate to throw it right away...that the cpu will go and sit in front of my guy to make sure i don't make the completion to the WR who curled...but if the cpu does a curl route and i let cpu controll my CBs...my CBs dont jump in front of the curl and instead sit behind the guy allowing him to make the completion even if it wasn't timed to be completed as soon as the guy makes the comeback? its really bothers me that they don't help you out in anyway. I mean, if we could control all 11 guys at once through some kind of mental mechanism...sure...i don't need the cpu's help. but we don't have that. we have one controller with a few buttons and can only control one person at a time.
I'd really like to see the CPU QB actually throw routes the way they were designed to be run. Throw the ball on the break and lead the WR.

Instead the CPU QB is trained to see a guy open and throw immediately regardless of the route.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 32

And also, CPU any CPU corner can jam me on any route with any WR, but I can't jam them for my life.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

There's a HUGE problem with the pass coverage in the game. The defenders do NOT play the receiver after the ball is thrown, which is why you cannot throw route based passes in Madden currently. If you can throw well enough on a cut (hard to do, but possible), go to the replay and watch it very slowly and you'll notice the DB reacts the instance the QB begins his throw. DB's reacting instantly when the QB throws, coupled with the DB warping to the ball which is still in the game (though definitely not as bad as past Maddens) effectively allows DB's to undercut routes and make plays on the ball that they never should be able to make. For example, if a DB is to the outside of a play on a ball thrown to the inside, they should not be able to stop, cut inside, jump up and make a play, yet that's what happens every time in Madden 10.

Until they fix the locomotion (movement, momentum, footwork), completely remove the warping (no clue why it's still in the game this year), and get rid of the DB / QB synch (which never should have existed) so the DB is playing the WR unless he sees the ball at the last moment and is actually in position to make a play, the passing / DB coverage will continue to be unrealistic and instead of making real world football passing decisions based on what you see in Madden 10, you'll have to live with passing ala Madden style, which is basically throwing to any WR going in a straight line any direction (can't throw on cuts) that is open. That's the only way to ensure a ball won't be knocked down / picked.

Hope that help explains what's going on, and how you should try to pass to be successful in Madden 10.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I definitely think the CPU pass d cheats. I can get around it sometimes, but when it effects my passes it gets very frustrating.

I'm referring to the LBs and CBs actually running the route damn near before my WR like they know exactly what route my wideouts are running before they do.

Last edited by TheCreep; 12-20-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
As the player: never throw a deep out, a curl, a comeback, a deep in. These routes are so bad its beyond comprehension. Sure you can get a completion sometimes but these routes are picked off for no reason other than pathetic DB mechanics.

Only slants, drags, posts, streaks, corners work. And the jerk route works on the cpu too.

I'm not sure why these other routes are even in the game. When they prove ineffectual game after game.

ps. there is no comeback logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »