Home

horrible stats after patch #2

This is a discussion on horrible stats after patch #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
horrible stats after patch #2

So I waited along time to restart my franchise because Madden developers told us franchise stats among other things would be corrected. FIRST season, simulated and had FIVE 2000 yard rushers and 10 players with over 17 sacks, including one player who had 24. Why is this happening, why did we have to wait until almost Thanksgiving for a broken patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: horrible stats after patch #2

We are all aware of this. It happens because EA wanted to increase YPC for backup running backs and for whatever reason didn't think it'd have an effect on all RBs and in turn, simulation stats. And they also wanted to increase sacks for OLBs in the 3-4 defense, so in turn, there's bad stats everywhere.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

i cant believe that ea workers get paid to make the game worse.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Rookie

yeah I was kind of hoping someone from ea would respond since they post here. is the best way to get realistic stats handling all teams and adjust the scheme?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

backup running backs are backups for a reason. why would they want to increase their #s?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Damn that sucks, I really like the game play and got the sliders just right for me to have competitive games and now the stats are screwing up my franchise.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Ok so last night I took over all teams to start out, the first menu pops up and you set up your settings. The most important part is to have all roster changes (update depth chart, fill roster, etc) set to CPU, not user, then went into coach scheme and changed all the schemes. On a side note I can't believe EA couldn't even get the correct defenses for certain teams, like Cleveland not running a 3-4. Anyway, change the scheme sliders and then go to the team you want to control, go back into franchise options and change everything back to user control and run your team like you want and the CPU will still take care of all the other teams needs like free agency, resigning. etc.

Simmed the first season and the inflated stats went down considerably. Went from having five 2000 yard rushers to only one, and is was Adrian Peterson so I figured that is realistic to happen. It takes some time, at the bottom is the link to the schemes I used and you can adjust them to your preference.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pdate-2-a.html
Old 12-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

If I lowered the game duration before I simulated the CPU games, would that help with the stats? Meaning, I play 8 min games and simulate the CPU games on 8 mins. If I simulated the CPU games on 5 or 6 mins, would the stats look better for running backs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »