Home

Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
Executive Editor
 
RaychelSnr's Arena
 
OVR: 57
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 4,846
Blog Entries: 490
Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack

This is AskMadden's tip of the week. For more great Madden strategies, head over there now!

Wes Welker and the New England Patriots may not be as efficient as they once were on offense, but with a healthy Tom Brady and Wes Welker, they can still strike fear in opposing defenses.

However, when most people think of the New England receivers, they tend to think about number 81, Randy Moss. But the receiver with three straight seasons with over 100 catches is not Moss, it's Wes Welker. The reason Wes Welker is so hard to stop -- and why Tom Brady will not stop throwing his way -- is because of his route-running ability, his hands and his ridiculous elusiveness.

Read More - Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
RaychelSnr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2009
Blog Entries: 2
This is a pretty good tip. I don't really have anybody in the Wes Welker mold in my franchise, I'm using the Lions. I guess I could use Mohamed Massaquoi like this.
The Police is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Blog Entries: 2
screens work well against soft zones, but that play could be a pick six if there's press man coverage or a CB blitz.
jvaccaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Blog Entries: 29
I'd love to know how to user catch over cover 3 like that.
CreatineKasey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'd love to know how to user catch over cover 3 like that.
I can get it sometimes, but the QB is also important too. Can't user it when sometimes the QB overthrows by 10 yards. But when the QB is on the money I'm 50/50 usering it. I try to user all of my catches. Also for most other WR's it'll be hard getting past that CB. If the user switches over to his CB he could have made a play on that easily.

Last edited by LBzrule; 12-22-2009 at 11:25 AM.
LBzrule is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
MVP
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I can get it sometimes, but the QB is also important too. Can't user it when sometimes the QB overthrows by 10 yards. But when the QB is on the money I'm 50/50 usering it. I try to user all of my catches. Also for most other WR's it'll be hard getting past that CB. If the user switches over to his CB he could have made a play on that easily.

It's a shame how we need to do that though.

Did you see how the CB went from back peddle, turn and sprint, back to back peddle, then sprint again..all at one consistant speed and was able to stay stride for stride?

UGH.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 12-22-2009 at 01:04 PM.
sportyguyfl31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Banned
 
JerseySuave4's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dirty Jerz
this video shows how bad the AI is and how unrealistic it is. When you watch the replay, you see the WR set up to block his defender, the lineman pull and square up and stand there preparing to block his man, the db covering welker decide to back up and stand there and let himself be blocked, then after welker catches the ball all block are perfect and welker has a hole.

If that were real, the pass would have to be quicker, the dbs would have went after Welker instead of letting themselves be blocked, and this play would not look like that.

This game just is too robotic and doesnt resemble real football enough.
JerseySuave4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2003
Re: Madden 10: Slot Screens Open Up the Passing Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
It's a shame how we need to do that though.

Did you see how the CB went from back peddle, turn and sprint, back to back peddle, then sprint again..all at one consistant speed and was able to stay stride for stride?

UGH.
Tell me about it, when I first watched, I couldnt help but laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this video shows how bad the AI is and how unrealistic it is. When you watch the replay, you see the WR set up to block his defender, the lineman pull and square up and stand there preparing to block his man, the db covering welker decide to back up and stand there and let himself be blocked, then after welker catches the ball all block are perfect and welker has a hole.

If that were real, the pass would have to be quicker, the dbs would have went after Welker instead of letting themselves be blocked, and this play would not look like that.

This game just is too robotic and doesnt resemble real football enough.
Yeah, that was rediculous. I play football on the defensive side, and I'll be damned if I just stand there and watch as I get blocked lmao
RavensFan2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Top -