Home

How much do injuries affect progression?

This is a discussion on How much do injuries affect progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
How much do injuries affect progression?

I am in my second season with my Lions franchise (started back when the game was released, just got into it again after patch #2). Kevin Smith, my starting HB, just got injured for 4 weeks. How will this affect his progression?

He was not having a monster season or anything, especially compared to the inflated rushing stats around the league after the patch. I think he was around 20th for total yards, maybe a bit lower than that for YPC. I am hoping he gets into the 90's (spoiler alert)... he is rated 86 right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: How much do injuries affect progression?

I have had season ending injuries to both Felix Jones and DeMarcus Ware. That year they didn't progress very much, but the next year they progressed fine. So I would say it hampers the current years progression, but doesn't seem to limit their progression overall (or in the future).

The amount of their progression for the year they were hurt was based on the amount of time they played. Ware progressed a little as he played 6 games or so. Jones was hurt in the 2nd game and didn't progress at all.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Oh ic, good to know he should still progress, at least somewhat. I am not sure how the inflated RB stats affect progression, but with that plus the injury I am not expecting too much of an increase in his rating.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I dont think it really has an effect on the progression at all either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »